Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

Tidemand takes the lead.

2. Likes: Andre Oliveira (20th September 2020),Ha3aP (20th September 2020),Jarek Z (11th October 2020),pantealex (22nd September 2020),Rallyper (21st September 2020),the sniper (20th September 2020),tommeke_B (20th September 2020)

Tidemand still in the lead. Average points column added, Huttunen is in his own league...

4. Likes: Ha3aP (11th October 2020),Jarek Z (11th October 2020),pantealex (14th October 2020),Rallyper (13th October 2020),the sniper (13th October 2020)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post

Tidemand still in the lead. Average points column added, Huttunen is in his own league...
    Even this combined classification can't make us feel that WRC2/3 split was a smart move. If we check each rally SS's results we'll find that Tidemand was only pushing in Mexico, where he clearly dominated RC2; on the others events he has only 4 RC2 stage wins (in Turkey), as he's mostly cruising after his direct rivals having problems. Obviously that's not his fault and we all know he's one of the fastests drivers around, but it speak volumes about the lack of sense of WRC2/3 split.
    Rally addict since 1982

6. Likes: pantealex (14th October 2020)
    I don't get your point. Tidemand leads WRC2 with the current rules and he leads also if we combine WRC2 and WRC3...it's not the fault of the points system clearly.

Tidemand just knows that Rally2 cars aren't as durable as WRC cars and will eventually get a problem if you don't drive carefully enough. Huttunen clearly had the same tactics in Sardegna. In addition, it's obvious that driver mistakes are more common on this level of competition.

Also Tidemand didn't "push" in Mexico, there just wasn't as much competition so it was easier for him to lead and win stages. Kajto was on his first outing in Mexico and also had technical issues. Oliver retired on the first proper stage.

There's something similar about Tidemand leading the WRC2 as Ingram winning the ERC. It's not always the fastest car that gets the title, you need to make sure you finish and on the points, as often as possible.

Tidemand also has 5 rallies. Only Veiby, Gryazin and Fourmaux have as many, and they've had a number of mistakes, punctures and technical faults on the way. However, Tidemand's points average is still only second to Huttunen.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 13th October 2020 at 14:13.

8. Likes: Rallyper (13th October 2020)
    I don't get your point. Tidemand leads WRC2 with the current rules and he leads also if we combine WRC2 and WRC3...it's not the fault of the points system clarly.
    Do you really believe he wouldn't try to go faster if he was running against all RC2 crews instead of just 2 or 3 direct WRC2 rivals?
    Rally addict since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Do you really believe he wouldn't try to go faster if he was running against all RC2 crews instead of just 2 or 3 direct WRC2 rivals?
    Well maybe some end-of-the-rally cruising would be omitted, but I don't think he would go faster on the first stages. Besides, like my table proves, even this pace would be enough, if we were putting all WRC2 and WRC3 together!

Well maybe some end-of-the-rally cruising would be omitted, but I don't think he would go faster on the first stages. Besides, like my table proves, even this pace would be enough, if we were putting all WRC2 and WRC3 together!
    Don't take me wrong, I'm not saying that your table isn't accurate but simply that it can't prove those would be the real results if all RC2 were running together, considering that running against a dozen rivals is always different from fighting with only 2 or 3.

With this split, instead of one strong series we're having two weaker ones; it's hard to see the point of it.
    Rally addict since 1982

12. Likes: EstWRC (13th October 2020)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Don't take me wrong, I'm not saying that your table isn't accurate but simply that it can't prove those would be the real results if all RC2 were running together, considering that running against a dozen rivals is always different from fighting with only 2 or 3.

With this split, instead of one strong series we're having two weaker ones; it's hard to see the point of it.
    Of course not. But that´s not what I think AnttiL want to show. Just the numbers as the current series show.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

14. Likes: pantealex (14th October 2020)
    Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    I still like to see it, but obviously this year this table shows less than it usually would. Still impressed by Huttunen; I had completely written him off a couple of years back, happy to be proven wrong.
    aka Rodger Davies

Yeah, it's a fair point that some drivers might start playing tactics when they're leading their own category, but at the same time many young drivers want to be the fastest RC2 car no matter the series, when they want to show talent. And team personnel also know how to get that standing from ewrc-results

17. Likes: Rally Power (14th October 2020)