Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 443 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefdude View Post
    May I ask what the needs of this community are? Maybe I can fulfill them?
    Well, I am hardly a spokesperson for the enitre community, since I have freaquented these forums only for about 2 years. But I believe I have some idea why the migration didn't fully happen last year when no one wasn't handling it here yet. 2 main reasons in my eyes:

1. People want to compete with the people from the forums (Or friends or coworkers etc...). This could be achieved with a "group or league or whatever you want to call it". You would get a separate scoreboard with only the people from your group. Now that I am reading your webpage again, is that what your group function entails? If yes, then maybe you could explain it a bit more on the webpage, I assumed firstly that the group thing was only for the group competition.

2. A bigger problem, people are used to the system here and they simply won't bother creating a user elsewhere, where they might have to use a different name, remember a new password or god knows what other reason. The people that do join see that many others have not and they will drop out as well. Pretty much what happened a year ago. Not really sure what you could do about it.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but it is likely I will manage it here only for one more year. So unless someone else picks up that ball, next year may end up being skipped here and then a year after that people might be up for trying a new solution

For what its worth, I think overall you have good thing going on, I did a full season last year, and will probably do it again this year

2. Likes: Rallyper (14th January 2020)
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Thank you for clarifying.

The group system is exactly what you need. You have people join your group and in the overall tables you can filter out your group to see the "private" table. We just added the group competition to add extra spice. The main action is still in the overall tables.

I completely agree with the fact that getting people to register an account in another site can be hard. But we've made it as easy as we can. And you can use the same username as in these forums.

I realized that as a new and unknown member of this community it is super hard for me to get people to check out our site. If it users with more "authority" suggested it things would surely be easier.

Another thing. We are absolutely looking to improve our site and are looking for any sort of feedback. Maybe together with these Forums we could make magic? And our platform can be used in other motor sports as well, not only rally.

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    If nothing happens I will start up Pickems 2020 Thursday at 1200 CET.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

5. Likes: Mintexmemory (15th January 2020)
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Well. I can create a group for you if it makes things easier. Just look it up in the "groups" tab and I will accept your request to join. Maybe this way we can get the critical mass over there.
    www.splithut.com

Well. I can create a group for you if it makes things easier. Just look it up in the "groups" tab and I will accept your request to join. Maybe this way we can get the critical mass over there.
    www.splithut.com
    Well I joined the group, to help keep it started. We can keep it a parallel competition this year as well, a good comparison on how different scoring systems affect results. One advantage your site has is that results will be posted practically instantly after rally end, here it might sometimes take weeks

I saw your email but didn't get around to replying yet. I do have a few suggestions, but I don't want to derail this thread

8. Likes: Kefdude (14th January 2020)
    Liked 232 Times in 101 Posts
    I understand the charm of doing pick'ems here like this, but if you are looking for an alternative then may I suggest Splithut.com?
    Last year some of you played there. It was our first year and it was very basic, but it worked.

This year we are introducing an easier way to manage groups as well as groups leader board. That means groups with 5 members or more participate in a separate competition with the group average score.
    This is not all. In Splithut now you will have to predict the power stage top 5 as well for extra points. That deadline comes with the start of the last day.
    And of course - we are making some minor visual changes.

While the updates are not live today, because the visual changes are still in the works, you can still register an account on the website. Updates will go live some time this week.

So, if you are interested, then making a group in Splithut for this forum, would be the easier solution.

Sorry if this post annoys some people. I'm just suggesting a solution for a problem.
    Hi, used the site a bit last year, but this year gonna do it full. Made a group for a discord server i am in, which will make it more exciting.

However, I wish there was possible to link directly to a group. Currently if you do that, you will see "you do not have access"

Also, I'd love to see some statistics on the site

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Rules of the new season will be same as last season. I will sum them up here:

Scoring:
    Points are awarded according to the table below.

In case of equal score, the win is given to the better prediction of 1st place. If that is equal then better prediction of 2nd place gets the win etc.
    In overall standings the lowest scoring round of each player will be dropped, starting from Sweden.

Predictions
    Predictions will be made either in a designated forum thread or an automated system on the forum, should we get it working later in the season.
    Predictions have to be made using the format and rules described in the prediction thread. Predictions with different format will be disqualified because they do not work with the automated system.
    Each driver can only be selected once - prediction 1 Tanak 2 Tanak 3 Tanak will not give you points for all the predicted positions.

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Katvala View Post
    Hi, used the site a bit last year, but this year gonna do it full. Made a group for a discord server i am in, which will make it more exciting.

However, I wish there was possible to link directly to a group. Currently if you do that, you will see "you do not have access"

Also, I'd love to see some statistics on the site

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the feedback. I will look into the link option. I think we can arrange that.
    Statistics can be done. I will try and post them some time after each rally.

12. Likes: Katvala (20th January 2020)
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Guys. Motorsport Forums group is created and you can easily join it. Give it a try, maybe you like it and it will be great fun. 2 days until the deadline!

www.splithut.com

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Guys. Motorsport Forums group is created and you can easily join it. Give it a try, maybe you like it and it will be great fun. 2 days until the deadline!

www.splithut.com
    I signed in and had confirmation email. But log in doesn´t work for me...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...