Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,833 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    Hi Guys, sorry but i have to drop the ball. Life is crazy busy at the moment and literally no spare time... And it doesn't look like it will get any better soon. If anyone volunteers to give the info to Kradovech for the rest of the season it would be greatly appreciated.
    Apologies...
    Can you give us a clue what you´re doing before Kradovech gets the material for statistics? Is it possible for an amateur like any of us to do the work you´ve done?
    (Why not a last effort to bring home Sweden, at least?)
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 443 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Can you give us a clue what you´re doing before Kradovech gets the material for statistics? Is it possible for an amateur like any of us to do the work you´ve done?
    (Why not a last effort to bring home Sweden, at least?)
    I am having a go at sweden myself today, I will see how it goes.

What I need is the name of the predictor and the predictions on the same line, for example like this:

I could work easily enough with a text file, something like this:
    1 Tanak 2 Sordo 3 Ogier 4 Neuville 5 Evans 6 Lappi 7 Rovanpera 8 Suninen Quest
    1 Ogier 2 Evans 3 Tanak 4 Lappi 5 Neuville 6 Sordo 7 Suninen 8 Gryazin hsmed
    1 Tanak 2 Sordo 3 Ogier 4 Neuville 5 Lappi 6 Rovanpera 7 Greensmith 8 Tidemand AnttiL

That is why i proposed the change in the format.

I would say an "amateur" could simply do it by hand but the problem is not mixing up any of the predictions and names in the process. That and it is quite tedious I imagine

Here comes Sweden, this time a two man effort by me and Rallyper. Please check your results, firstly if your name is included.

Rally Sweden
    A low scoring round, I suppose people did not have enough faith in Evans and Rovanperä. COD took the win by some distance, others follow in tighter gaps

Overall
    No big changes in the overall standings yet, but a long season to go.

4. Likes: EstWRC (8th March 2020),Micke_VOC (10th March 2020)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    A big well done to Kradovech for suggesting adding User name to end of your predictions. As somebody who converted the pickems data into a spreadsheet over a season I can confirm it will make a huge difference in how easy it is to get data ready for calculating results. It will take less than a quarter of the time to get ready to calculate scores.
    It will also improve accuracy with greatly reduced chance of an error like I made with Monte Carlo data (apologies Kaps).
    The concern AnttiL raised about someone using another persons username is easily reviewed for. Have a look at Mexico pickems and you will see how easy it is to review that Username in pickem is the same as posters username.
    Again well done Kradovech for figuring out a simple easy to do solution.
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

6. Likes: Augury (8th March 2020),Kradovech (8th March 2020),Rallyper (9th March 2020)
    Liked 48 Times in 20 Posts

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    It will also improve accuracy with greatly reduced chance of an error like I made with Monte Carlo data (apologies Kaps).
    No offense taken, mate!

However, I just contemplate dropping this thing altogether before humiliating myself further, hehe.

I, as a 2005 WRC Pickems champion, can't allow such pathetic scores to continue, n'est-ce pas?
    Drive as if your life depends on it...because it does!

2005 WRC Pickems Champion!

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Wow, finally a win! I’ll enjoy it while it lasts, probably back to earth on next round

Ready with Mexico! I would say the experiment with new entry system is a success. I did not get a chance to test it myself - I was still at work on friday when KiwiWRCfan had already sent me the converted results. Even though 8 people had not included their name, it only took him 15 minutes to do the job that in Monte took him 2 hours. It would have been even faster if everyone had included their names. It is understandable that some people missed it this time since it was a last minute change, I have notified them by PM about it. Also, one person entered another members name in his prediction, that was corrected. Still there is a lot of potential in this new system, lets keep it for the future as well.
    So this time around the results are brough to you with the help of Rallyper and KiwiWRCfan. Chance for mistakes should be reduced now but please still check the results for your name.

Rally Mexico

Top 3 on the same score! Mintexmemory takes the win with a slightly more accurate prediction, second position is shared by Skarderud and Wold

Overall

Quite a lot of shuffeling of positions - dropping the worst result has quite a big effect in the beginning of the year. Looks like Rallyper will have to keep up the flag of the organizers this season - only one of us to challenge the top 3 so far

10. Likes: COD (15th March 2020),flat_right (15th March 2020),hsmed (16th March 2020),Micke_VOC (28th March 2020),Rallyper (15th March 2020),skarderud (15th March 2020),Wold (15th March 2020)
    Liked 2,833 Times in 1,607 Posts
    FYI I will start up Pickems thread as usual one week before Rally Estonia. Same procedure as always.

Hope for same cooperation results from my mates.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

12. Likes: EstWRC (18th August 2020)
    I am here and ready. Lets keep the same system as last round - every one please add their name to the end of the prediction. It will bring you results much faster. Rallyper, please point it out in the pickems thread as well - it has been a while so people may have forgotten the latest developments in our system

14. Likes: EstWRC (18th August 2020),Rallyper (19th August 2020)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    I can assist with converting entries into spreadsheet again
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

16. Likes: Kradovech (1st September 2020),pantealex (3rd September 2020),Rallyper (1st September 2020)