Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts

WRC Pickems 2020

So guys!

New year and time for Pickems?

From my side I´m prepared for doing my share of the job, same as last year. What do you say Kradovech and Spiderem?

Let´s go!?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    So guys!

New year and time for Pickems?

From my side I´m prepared for doing my share of the job, same as last year. What do you say Kradovech and Spiderem?

Let´s go!?
    Let's rock n roll!!

3. Likes: Rallyper (7th January 2020)
    Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Hey guys, happy new year and all the best for your family and friends. Health and happiness.

I think I can provide the same input for the first half of the season, second half to be confirmed as I may be traveling and not have regular access to laptop.

Best of luck!

5. Likes: Rallyper (7th January 2020)
    Liked 443 Times in 105 Posts
    I was meaning to create this thread, just did not get around to it. Firstly, yes, I am willing to keep up my end for the upcoming year as well.

But before we go ahead with it on full steam, lets quickly discuss if there is a better way to do it. I don't have a solid answer myself, yet. What I was unhappy about last year was the amount of mistakes that were discovered, it means that some mistakes probably were not found. I did manually check the top 10 each time, so the crown belongs to rew without a doubt. But there may have been some misawarded points in the lower ranks. The root of all mistakes was the manual insertion of predictions.

I took part in 2 other "third-party" prediction websites last year, mainly for testing purposes. Both of them were also advertised on these forums as well. Although both were good, in my opinion they do not quite correspond to the needs of this community.

A more serious candidate is the system ERC pickems is using on this forum, pantealex mentioned it in the last years pickems thread. At first glance it seems like a perfect way of doing it since it removes the data insertion problems. To my ignorant eyes it seems like it would also need less time for managing. I would be willing to give it a go if PLuto is willing to share his secrets and help set it up here. I think I can manage it, I mean, how hard can it be, right? (Famous last words)

7. Likes: Micke_VOC (21st January 2020),pantealex (8th January 2020),Rallyper (8th January 2020),skarderud (13th January 2020)
    Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kradovech View Post
    I was meaning to create this thread, just did not get around to it. Firstly, yes, I am willing to keep up my end for the upcoming year as well.

But before we go ahead with it on full steam, lets quickly discuss if there is a better way to do it. I don't have a solid answer myself, yet. What I was unhappy about last year was the amount of mistakes that were discovered, it means that some mistakes probably were not found. I did manually check the top 10 each time, so the crown belongs to rew without a doubt. But there may have been some misawarded points in the lower ranks. The root of all mistakes was the manual insertion of predictions.

I took part in 2 other "third-party" prediction websites last year, mainly for testing purposes. Both of them were also advertised on these forums as well. Although both were good, in my opinion they do not quite correspond to the needs of this community.

A more serious candidate is the system ERC pickems is using on this forum, pantealex mentioned it in the last years pickems thread. At first glance it seems like a perfect way of doing it since it removes the data insertion problems. To my ignorant eyes it seems like it would also need less time for managing. I would be willing to give it a go if PLuto is willing to share his secrets and help set it up here. I think I can manage it, I mean, how hard can it be, right? (Famous last words)
    I'm totally with you. If there is an "automated" system available on this forum, then it will save time and reduce the number of mistakes due to human factor...

9. Likes: COD (20th January 2020),pantealex (8th January 2020)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Thanks for the work you all do providing the service. Always appreciated.

11. Likes: KiwiRallyFan (8th January 2020)
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    I understand the charm of doing pick'ems here like this, but if you are looking for an alternative then may I suggest Splithut.com?
    Last year some of you played there. It was our first year and it was very basic, but it worked.

This year we are introducing an easier way to manage groups as well as groups leader board. That means groups with 5 members or more participate in a separate competition with the group average score.
    This is not all. In Splithut now you will have to predict the power stage top 5 as well for extra points. That deadline comes with the start of the last day.
    And of course - we are making some minor visual changes.

While the updates are not live today, because the visual changes are still in the works, you can still register an account on the website. Updates will go live some time this week.

So, if you are interested, then making a group in Splithut for this forum, would be the easier solution.

Sorry if this post annoys some people. I'm just suggesting a solution for a problem.

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts

No problems for me either. If better ways are possible, let´s try them.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 443 Times in 105 Posts
    Ok, so right now the situation is like this: I have contacted Mark via PM about this. He is the admin who set it up for ERC. No reply so far.
    As I now understand, the automated part only concerns data entry, analysis of results will remain same as last year. But it should work alot better with automated entries.
    Plan of action: if he does not reply in time for Monte Carlo, lets proceed same as last year. Hopefully we will be able to get it working for Sweden

15. Likes: EstWRC (13th January 2020),Rallyper (14th January 2020)
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

May I ask what the needs of this community are? Maybe I can fulfill them?