Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Liked 2,671 Times in 1,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Hope still in time…
    1. Hyundai champ with a 1-2 (Tanak wins and Neuville ends as close P2);
    2. Ogier P3 with only 2 (lucky) wins, leaving at the end of the season;
    3. One win for Evans, other for Lappi and 2 podiums for Rovanpera;
    4. Ostberg is WRC2 champ and Katjo gets WRC3 title (if he enters the series);
    5. 2022 Hybrid systems will cost less than expected and Subaru will announce their future engagement with PS team.
    I now hope to be wrong on #3 and see Evans getting more totally deserved wins like this one; and more brilliant podiums for Rovanpera too!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 630 Times in 325 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Yay crystal ball time!

1. Toyota relinquishes their WCC in the final round.

2. Ogier WDC, Neuville runner up as Tanak is forced to adapt his driving style to Theirry's car.

3. Evans gets close to winning a rally but only manages 2nd place out of his characteristic misfortune. He'll be the best of the rest again.

4. Rovanpera wins in Sweden or Sardegna but struggles on tarmac and bins a few Yarises, returning in rally 2 and ends up in the top 3 of most power stage points won.

5. Latvala bins it into a snowbank in Sweden on Friday but wins in Finland, crying on the podium yet remaining out of a seat for 2021

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    #3 and #5 scrapped then, and I'm right about to scrap #2 too.

#4 is still alive and kicking though!

Liked 5,962 Times in 2,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    4. Rovanperä will get his career first stage win on a super special stage in Mexico.
    I'm happy to get this one wrong.

2. Neuville and Tänak will end up in a situation where one has to help the other for personal title or stop racing each other to preserve manufacturer points. Subsequently Autosport will publish an article which talks about the tense situation in the team between these two star drivers.
    Oh how times have changed already...as if Autosport would write such articles anymore

Liked 2,031 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Oh how times have changed already...as if Autosport would write such articles anymore
    Meh, I'd say it still counts as all Autosport articles were from one journalist. So you'll just use what he writes at DirtFish.

Liked 533 Times in 288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    1 Evans will have more points than Ogier after the first two rallys.
    2 Lappi will finish second on the Monte.
    3 Evans will finish 3rd overall in WDC.
    4 Latvala will finish 2nd in Sweden.
    5 Breen will drive for Hyundai in Wales and finish on the podium.
    1 from 5 is ok I guess.

Liked 545 Times in 242 Posts
    Alex Gelsomino has a good crystal ball.
    In June 2014 he predicted an Estonian would be WRC champion in the next 5 years
    https://twitter.com/AlexGelsomino/st...41595660431360

7. Likes: cali (1st March 2020),EstWRC (2nd March 2020),HenryEST (2nd March 2020),Maui J. (1st March 2020),pantealex (1st March 2020),steve.mandzij (1st March 2020),the sniper (1st March 2020),tr4m (1st March 2020)
    Liked 415 Times in 231 Posts
    When I predicted that at least one event would get cancelled due to environmental/political reasons maybe I should have added virus pandemic...

Liked 6,466 Times in 3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    When I predicted that at least one event would get cancelled due to environmental/political reasons maybe I should have added virus pandemic...
    Apart from stopping fan access to the service park hopefully we should be ok. You cant get more outdoor in the fresh air than at a rally !

Liked 267 Times in 144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Apart from stopping fan access to the service park hopefully we should be ok. You cant get more outdoor in the fresh air than at a rally !
    It isn't the fact that fans won't be in confined spaces infecting everyone Eddie, it's various government restrictions on travel and quarantine that will put events at the risk of being cancelled.

For example this weekends MotoGP race in Qatar has been cancelled, following race has been postponed indefinitely.
    Although this weekends support races moto2 and moto3 are going ahead because those classes have been testing there this week, but anyone travelling from Italy has to be quarantined for 14 days, many teams are based in Italy in MotoGP so it has been canned.

Liked 6,466 Times in 3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    It isn't the fact that fans won't be in confined spaces infecting everyone Eddie, it's various government restrictions on travel and quarantine that will put events at the risk of being cancelled.

For example this weekends MotoGP race in Qatar has been cancelled, following race has been postponed indefinitely.
    Although this weekends support races moto2 and moto3 are going ahead because those classes have been testing there this week, but anyone travelling from Italy has to be quarantined for 14 days, many teams are based in Italy in MotoGP so it has been canned.
    WRC Teams arent based in heavily infected countries so travel from them should be ok at the moment.

If it be becomes are proper worldwide pandemic then rallying will be as badly hit as everything else. But that will be the least of our concerns...