Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,345 Times in 4,963 Posts
    From Dirtfish...

Q: Is rain your only chance of winning ?

Evans: I wouldn’t say that, but rain would improve our chances tremendously. There’s always a chance it can rain – admittedly it’s a very, very small chance. And, to be honest, it would have to absolutely piss it down for ages to make a real change. It’s warm and in some sections really quite exposed and windy, the road dries quickly there.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    https://www.rallymexico.com/wp-conte...Mx20-V.1.9.pdf

New version:
    #34 Deividas Jocius LTU (Fiesta WRC) has withdrawn again
    #34 Barry Mckenna IRL (Fabia Rally2) in for WRC3

only 9 WRC cars, so it´s 99,99% sure that some Rally2 driver(s) will get real WRC point(s). (0,01% for Rally5 or all DNF)
    Last edited by pantealex; 6th March 2020 at 20:06.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    https://www.rallymexico.com/wp-conte...Mx20-V.1.9.pdf

New version:
    #34 Deividas Jocius LTU (Fiesta WRC) has withdrawn again
    #34 Barry Mckenna IRL (Fabia Rally2) in for WRC3

only 9 WRC cars, so it´s 99,99% sure that some Rally2 driver(s) will get real WRC point(s). (0,01% for Rally5 or all DNF)
    So if R5 is now Rally2 what do we call retired returning drivers? Super Rally again?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    So if R5 is now Rally2 what do we call retired returning drivers? Super Rally again?
    "Restart rules"

5. Likes: steve.mandzij (10th March 2020),wyler (7th March 2020)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    finally a rally week. i dont know, the season is kind of slow starting this year, after Mexico again we have a huge gap...

Anyway, im excited as hell.

How is gonna Evans perform now when starting first? so far his only experience starting from first is when starting with Rally2 but then you are just cruising but now he has to show performance and thats a whole different thing.

Ogier has won this rally 5 times and has a good starting position and last year he was class of his own even when starting from 2nd! But the question with him, Evans and Rovanpera is the reliability of Toyota. So far every year the Toyotas have had problems here, in 2018 for example all 3 having engine overheating problems, last year 2 of the 3 Toyotas had problems. So it remains to be seen if they finally have sorted out the problems.

What can Tänak show on his first outing on gravel? Sordo is in very good position. Lappi is getting more and more comfortable with Fiesta, IMO he had a very good performance in Sweden, not so far off from the Toyotas of Ogier and Rovanpera.

LIke i said, its gonna be a very interesting weekend. Cant wait.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

7. Likes: AnttiL (9th March 2020),Rallyper (10th March 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    finally a rally week. i dont know, the season is kind of slow starting this year, after Mexico again we have a huge gap...

Anyway, im excited as hell.

How is gonna Evans perform now when starting first?
    He will lose a lot. He just needs to hold it together and aim for a top 5 position after Friday and hope that others have issues later in the rally.

Ogier has won this rally 5 times and has a good starting position and last year he was class of his own even when starting from 2nd!
    What can Tänak show on his first outing on gravel? Sordo is in very good position.
    True, Ogier has usually been first or second on the road in Mexico, but third is still quite slippery compared to sixth of Tänak or ninth of Sordo. In fact, I think the win is between these two. If they don't have issues, it's a 1-2.

M-Sport has been on the podium the last three years but I don't think it will happen this year. Lappi and Suninen have really struggled in Mexico with WRC cars.

I'm happy if Rovanperä gets through the rally with no issues and is not the slowest WRC on every stage.

LIke i said, its gonna be a very interesting weekend. Cant wait.
    +1

9. Likes: Allez Andruet (9th March 2020),cali (10th March 2020),EstWRC (9th March 2020),steve.mandzij (10th March 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I'm happy if Rovanperä gets through the rally with no issues and is not the slowest WRC on every stage.

I´m not, Kalle must be faster than Greensmith.

If Kalle has no issues he will be Top6, just like all other trouble free WRC drivers.

11. Likes: Rallyper (10th March 2020)
    If Kalle has no issues he will be Top6, just like all other trouble free WRC drivers.
    You mean Top 8?

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    You mean Top 8?
    No Top 6 just like all other trouble free WRC drivers. (some will have problems)

No Top 6 just like all other trouble free WRC drivers. (some will have problems)
    So you know that exactly two drivers will have issues

In 2019 three cars with no issues. Neuville and Meeke had punctures, the rest had to use superrally or retired.
    In 2018 four cars with no issues, Loeb with a puncture, Neuville with engine issues and puncture/off.
    In 2017 three cars with no issues. Tänak with overheating problems, Paddon with various mechanical problems, Toyotas with all kinds of issues, Sordo and Evans with engine problems.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 10th March 2020 at 08:09.