Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
Ott's pace was very good considering it's still early days for him at Hyundai. Taking that into account and the by now notorious difficulty to get accustomed to an i20, it's quite impressive actually. Plus it's only a bit over a month since he had the mother and father of shunts of all time.

But about the showing confidence thing...he didn't exactly exude confidence in his car during the rally. And I'm not only talking about stage end interviews, but in certain type of sharp corners, to my eye he was visibly struggling and "hesitating" on the stages. Difficult to describe, but at times the driving looked a bit forced. Not in a huge way, but enough to prevent him from going into domination mode like with Yaris. In contrast, Seb looked serene, relaxed and completely in control all weekend. But then again, he always tends to be in Mexico...no matter if he drives the yardstick of the series or an utter shitbox, makes no difference.
You are correct. I should have used the word "pace" instead of "confidence". I also marked Tänak's comments about not being comfortable during the weekend.