Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Uh, they'd drive for the Penske F1 team. He'll buy the Red Bull team and Honda's F1 engine operations - he'll rebrand them as Toyotas. For a nominal fee, Bernie Ecclestone will arrange the financing from (mysterious) Middle East and South American sources.

Jokes aside, it looks like both companies will be around for awhile. And if they do eventually exit, I figure by that time there'll be some open seats at whatever the top teams are at that point... for Max anyway (if he can learn when to keep his mouth shut - learn from Alonso). I agree that Alex still has to prove himself a little more. He's good and I like him. But he's one of those that could get lost if there was a big storm.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

2. Likes: Zico (29th November 2019)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    One thing to keep in mind is that if one of the top teams pulls out of sport, then not only drivers but also inevitably its sponsors, engineers, and others will start looking for another team. So not only the drivers but lots of other talent and money could start flowing into a team like McLaren or Renault, hopefully helping to lift it into a higher tier.

4. Likes: Zico (29th November 2019)