Page 68 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: WRC future

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Also notice that the teams have requested this limitation. Even though you cannot change new parts, you can still work on the setup of things and focus the development on other areas in the car.

Liked 803 Times in 419 Posts
    I dont think its a big issue for the teams, after all they all agreed to that. They know engines are quite close in terms of performance.

3. Likes: pantealex (7th September 2020),Rally Power (4th September 2020),the sniper (4th September 2020)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    So basically the team that doesn't do a good enough job by then, is fucked for the next five years...
    We all saw how well that worked in the f1.

5. Likes: NickRally (8th September 2020),Sulland (6th September 2020)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    I’m sure I’ll get told off for posting this in the wrong section, but heck.... could things get any worse.!?
    I get it, it’s just a consultation, but still a little worrying:

https://www.forestryengland.uk/news/...ations-forests

8. Likes: AndyRAC (10th September 2020),the sniper (10th September 2020)
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    To be honest, I can't help but think that if the sport was run better in the UK, was more popular and received decent exposure which brought in all kinds of sponsors/££££££ then ForestryEngland wouldn't be bothered about motorsport on their land; in fact they may even welcome it. They even state it themselves that the sport isn't as popular as it was; yet you'll get some people, maybe even those in the sport saying the opposite.

We need as many people as possible to e-mail them and make them aware of the benefits that motorsport brings to Forestry and the surrounding areas.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    To be honest, I can't help but think that if the sport was run better in the UK, was more popular and received decent exposure which brought in all kinds of sponsors/££££££ then ForestryEngland wouldn't be bothered about motorsport on their land; in fact they may even welcome it. They even state it themselves that the sport isn't as popular as it was; yet you'll get some people, maybe even those in the sport saying the opposite.
    There's no doubt about that in my mind. I fear it's too late, but if nothing else, this might give all involved a bit of a wake up call. The alienation of the public and failure to recognise the value of investing in creating/sustaining rallies as public events of note rather than just rallies has killed the sport. MotorsportUK should be ashamed by what the sport has become under their 'leadership'. No discernible strategy whatsoever, more like an unmanaged decline. I had hoped David Richards might turn the situation around, but he seems to me to have washed his hands of rallying, having failed as the WRC Promoter and presumably lost a lot of money in doing so.

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    New Hybrid Rally1 car will be ready in 22 or 23.
    What is lost if we go R5+ as gapfiller top car, with a bit more spoilers and maybe a bit bigger restrictor.
    All customers should be able to buy an upgrade kit.
    Toyota need to build an R5, but will be able to, and will mke money from it.
    Tech upgrades will have to be frozen, or maybe one joker.

In These corona times, motorsport departments are struggeling to get the needed money from the board, so something that will save money will be welcomed.

13. Likes: skarderud (19th September 2020),[RMC]Pip (18th September 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Q:
    We are seeing with the new format of rallies now that Sundays have become a proper day. Would you prefer it to be that way in future?
    OT
    Actually I would say that, currently, the format is pretty nice. We can come to the event one day later and still we have a proper competition. It shouldn’t’ just be for this year, it should be generally like this.
    and Ogier gave thumbs up

https://www.fia.com/news/wrc-rally-t...e-transcript-0