Page 10 of 130 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: WRC future

Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
    Its quite clear, isnt it. Nobody knows who Ogier, Tänak or Neuville are outside of us fuel fags. Everyone knows who Lewis Hamilton or and Vettel are. Its the media, the publicity and the interest in the sport.
    I don't think F1 is doing too well behind all the pay walls they've got.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

2. Likes: cali (22nd November 2019)
    Liked 256 Times in 160 Posts
    It's because there isn't many top drivers out there. And that can't come without proper testing and proper backing. So it's cursed circle all around. From youngsters I only see one who maybe will be capable to reach top of the podiums but for that I'm not so sure at least for now. Latvala, Meeke and Mikkelsen had a huge shots of becoming one too but they lost it. Evans, mabe but I don't think so. SHame just that Loeb isn't interested or at least isn't still there so we could have 4 way battle.

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Maybe something like R5 with bigger restrictor, 6 speed box, more aero and hybrid tech for liaison sections.
    No. R5 is based on limitation of cost by using of stock bodyshell, plenty of stock parts, widely restricted design solutions etc. It will not work if you start adding hybrid technologies with much higher torque (parts will start to fail), batteries (no space dedicated for them in the stock cars) etc. For the hybrid tech. the ideal solution is exactly what FIA propose - space frame based prototype cars. It's much easier for everyone and IMHO not more expensive than crazy modifications of a stock car.

Also the proposed solution allows whatever manufacturer to join no matter what he produces in series and that is an absolute must these days. IMHO the space frame based cars shall have been introduced already with the 2017 generation of cars.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

5. Likes: AMSS (22nd November 2019),AnttiL (31st October 2020),cali (22nd November 2019),deephouse (22nd November 2019),EstWRC (22nd November 2019),pantealex (22nd November 2019),Rally Hokkaido (23rd November 2019),TWRC (22nd November 2019)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    If the hybrid technology is just for road sections then I don't think it will have huge torque that R5 transmissions can't cope with?

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    If it's used only for the road sections than it's useless several hundreds kilograms in the car, i.e. nonsense for me.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

8. Likes: cali (22nd November 2019),deephouse (22nd November 2019),pantealex (22nd November 2019),TWRC (22nd November 2019)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    If it's used only for the road sections than it's useless several hundreds kilograms in the car, i.e. nonsense for me.
    I agree, but that seems to be the FIA proposal.

10. Likes: cali (22nd November 2019)
    Then FULL electric, lower down mileage of stages and maybe one year or two later so the teams could be prepared well. Or simply find one individual brand and make electric powertrain for all teams. Then they can decide what to do with them. Isn't Formula E running like that?

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    Then FULL electric, lower down mileage of stages and maybe one year or two later so the teams could be prepared well. Or simply find one individual brand and make electric powertrain for all teams. Then they can decide what to do with them. Isn't Formula E running like that?
    Why? To end up like Rallycross and have all manus leave?! That is not the step, atleast right now.

13. Likes: pantealex (22nd November 2019),Rally Power (22nd November 2019)
    Hyundai, Toyota will spend each 2 mio or more on development, then every car (if this is true will start only for powertrain) at 500.000 and other stuff. I think it would be more than million per car. Do you think M-Sport have that kind of amount for succesful business? And then what, in like 3 years there would be cheaper? Before 2017 season everyone talk about huge costs and now teams are considering to leave... And with that new hybrid it's even worse, especially if the tech will only be used at road section. Completely stupid, as far I know.

And I still have a feeling they are not decided what to do exactly, so that's the problem too for manufacturers. Right now they are delaying rules to be released later...

Rallycross could be easier to adapt that, because of very short lenght and time of stages, but I think that huge part of that is infrastructure. Not every host country could provide such amount of power. We will see what this Project E will bring if it will ever be adapted. Not so sure why ARX was cancelled after all that hype about becoming premier league.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    For gods sake, do you really want to ruin the sport turning the WRC into a Mickey Mouse stages championship? Forget EVs in rally; their safety and range issues can’t be solved in a proper way.
    Rally addict since 1982

16. Likes: cali (22nd November 2019),pantealex (22nd November 2019)