Page 126 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1296

Thread: WRC future

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Who is the new manu coming into WRC next?
    That is a good question my guess is Subaru as there seem to be some rumours about a joint project with Toyota.

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Not sure where to discuss the electric evolution of rallying, but rallye-magazin just posted an update on the Corsa-e. What is interesting is that Opel development team worked on the sound.
    https://www.rallye-magazin.de/drm/ar...e-rally-46309/

The rules apparently dictate that a different (lower) sound level in required on the road section.

The sound system they build not only depends on the speed of the car, but also the rpm, so wheelspin will be hearable. They did not want to reproduce the sound of a combustion car, but create a specific sound for electric car. They use 2 speakers of 400W.

The video is not so good, switching from angles the whole time, but you get an idea:
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=953716362078204

Paddon was also mentioning that sound would come on his eWRC, I'm very curious about that as well.

I'm not against electrifying of rallying at all, I just hope a elegant solution can be found for the lack of sound, at least they are working on it :-)
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

3. Likes: AnttiL (7th April 2021),Jarek Z (7th April 2021)
    Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

5. Likes: wyler (7th April 2021)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCo View Post
    Not sure where to discuss the electric evolution of rallying, but rallye-magazin just posted an update on the Corsa-e. What is interesting is that Opel development team worked on the sound.
    https://www.rallye-magazin.de/drm/ar...e-rally-46309/

The rules apparently dictate that a different (lower) sound level in required on the road section.

The sound system they build not only depends on the speed of the car, but also the rpm, so wheelspin will be hearable. They did not want to reproduce the sound of a combustion car, but create a specific sound for electric car. They use 2 speakers of 400W.

The video is not so good, switching from angles the whole time, but you get an idea:
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=953716362078204

Paddon was also mentioning that sound would come on his eWRC, I'm very curious about that as well.

I'm not against electrifying of rallying at all, I just hope a elegant solution can be found for the lack of sound, at least they are working on it :-)
    Sound is the only "real" issue that prevents electric rallying. Not only due to the security aspect but also due to the "excitement" aspect and "sporting" aspect (knowing what the driver is doing with throttle and whether the car is spinning).

Agree that "copying" combustion car sound is not a good idea in the longer term. Doesn't mean it has to sound like a startrek spaceship though....
    Hard to tell how the Adam actually sounds live from a youtube vid and PC speakers, just remember that this should be compared with combustion Adam which isnt exactly an awesomely sounding car in the first place.

In the end I guess it will have to be mandated by the rules in some way, min./max sound level at given speed/throttle setting.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Sound is the only "real" issue that prevents electric rallying. Not only due to the security aspect but also due to the "excitement" aspect and "sporting" aspect (knowing what the driver is doing with throttle and whether the car is spinning).

Agree that "copying" combustion car sound is not a good idea in the longer term. Doesn't mean it has to sound like a startrek spaceship though....
    Hard to tell how the Adam actually sounds live from a youtube vid and PC speakers, just remember that this should be compared with combustion Adam which isnt exactly an awesomely sounding car in the first place.

In the end I guess it will have to be mandated by the rules in some way, min./max sound level at given speed/throttle setting.
    Adam ?

it´s Corsa
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    I've been thinking that WRC should try making a *massive* deal of the fact they will be switching to sustainable fuel next year. With the images of these cars going through natural environments, WRC has the chance to exploit the "feel good" environmental marketing that Extreme E is starting to find: "green" cars racing through extreme nature.

That would surely attract manufacturers.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

9. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (27th June 2021),seb_sh (27th June 2021),skarderud (26th June 2021),the sniper (27th June 2021)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    I've been thinking that WRC should try making a *massive* deal of the fact they will be switching to sustainable fuel next year. With the images of these cars going through natural environments, WRC has the chance to exploit the "feel good" environmental marketing that Extreme E is starting to find: "green" cars racing through extreme nature.

That would surely attract manufacturers.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    But electric cars are not green....

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

11. Likes: bisak (27th June 2021),WRC1 (27th June 2021)
    Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    But electric cars are not green....
    I think what matters is that they are "green".

13. Likes: cali (27th June 2021),steve.mandzij (27th June 2021)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Googol View Post
    I think what matters is that they are "green".
    Yes, the perception of green

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Yes, the perception of green

Stand on a busy city corner during cold winter morning and tell me cars without exhaust are just a perception of green.

16. Likes: AnttiL (27th June 2021)