Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts

Exclamation FIA's reaction on Russian war in Ukraine.

FIA are dragging their feet, in this case.
    Many other international sports federations have tried the same thing, but people and the free press have pressured them to change their view and banned Russia and Belarus from all activity.

This after the doping scandal in their own olympics, where they still are allowed to compete under a different flag.

FIA, with a President from a part of the world where sports washing, human rights and rights for female citizens, do not match the world of 2022, should be a bit more clear in cases like this. The whole world, with few expetions are condemming this war, and supports Ukraine 100%.

So should FIA!
    The world have come longer that going to war with a neigbouring country, to grow your own power in a region.

Lets hope pressure on FIA will change their standpoint, and to ban athletes from the countries that started the war!

This has nothing to do with the athletes personalities, and their standpoints. But it has to do with that the world need to send crystal clear signals to Putin and Russia, that we do not accept this behaviour from anyone, using history as a reason to expand your own territory with force!

Liked 649 Times in 311 Posts
    I agree.

Absolute disgraceful decision yesterday. Complete cop-out given that Russian's aren't competing under their flag anyway. There is almost literally zero change to the conditions...

Mohammed Ben Sulayem had a chance to make a mark of his new leadership of the FIA, and has once again failed.

Liked 585 Times in 308 Posts
    Sulland, you are calling for sports washing. Who is this free press you speak of? The world of 2022? Gimme a break, however widely held or justified these are your opinions.

Should we also pressure to ban the UK for continued occupation of the Chagos, France for assaults in the Sahel, UAE and Saudi for assaults and occupation of Yemen. In fact, all Middle Eastern competitors on human rights grounds, what about Norway for continued legal whaling, Germany for its fossil energy consumption, Finland for military conscription, Hungary on democratic freedoms too? etc etc - Do any of these belong in the homogenous "world of 2022"? Wait we've got no competitors left.

Let politicians do politics and athletes do sport. A better idea is to ban the idea of competing under nationalities and flags, removes all of this argument.

4. Likes: Katvala (23rd April 2022),logic (2nd March 2022),Rally Hokkaido (6th March 2022)
    Liked 110 Times in 38 Posts
    If this is happening, lets ban the US, UK, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, China, Afghanistan and many other countries from sports then because ALL of them have ongoing stuff that is a travesty to humanity.

6. Likes: Katvala (23rd April 2022)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    i think a good move could be to ban any kind of non-sport-related things, like sponsorship or team ownership related to the subject of the sanction. also removing the flag is controversial,it is sure a symbolic action to show contrariety, on the other side not all Russian are war supporter, so a russian flag on a car with peace livery (like luky) could be a strong message too.

8. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (6th March 2022)
    Motorsport UK have taken the step to ban Russians and Belarussians, in consultation with, but not clear if instructed by, the UK Government. Obviously a move that will affect the circuit stuff more than anything rally related. I would suspect other European states will also follow suit.

https://www.motorsportuk.org/news/mo...on-in-ukraine/

Liked 331 Times in 107 Posts
    Lets attack the peoples of russia... what do you think that will do to them ? you think they will hate their leader or the people who will impoverise them ?

ww1 led to the impoverisation of german people... can you remind me where that lead ? did they hate leir leaders or the world that made them poor ?

so lets say russia becomes a shithole full of poor people with nothing to lose and with no hope... you now have people with nothing to lose but with 6000 nuclear missiles... there is nothing more dangerous than a person with nothing to lose.... who do you think will lose more in a nuclear war ? the west or a disgraced and piss poor russia ?

not allowing ahtletes/artists and common russians to travel to europe does look a lot like the jim crow laws.
    Last edited by NOT; 2nd March 2022 at 18:14.

Quote Originally Posted by NOT View Post
    so lets say russia becomes a shithole full of poor people with nothing to lose and with no hope...
    lol. Nah, just joking. But lol.

NOT, the reality is the western nations are at war with Russia. We have to accept there are no niceties in war and civilians will be victims whether it be kinetic or economic war. Governments are going to impose these rules. For me it's important that the Europeans here either declare a belief in European-supremacy or don't assume that a supranational global body should drag Africa, Asia or South America into this war.

Liked 331 Times in 107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    lol. Nah, just joking. But lol.

NOT, the reality is the western nations are at war with Russia. We have to accept there are no niceties in war and civilians will be victims whether it be kinetic or economic war. Governments are going to impose these rules. For me it's important that the Europeans here either declare a belief in European-supremacy or don't assume that a supranational global body should drag Africa, Asia or South America into this war.
    really ? well they were at war with almost everyone the last few decades korea vietnam iraqx2 yugoslavia afghanistan lybia... but somehow russia is the enemy now. Guess what though... they can inflict some damage as well...

i would have no problem with modern western culture to burn to the ground... and if that cannot happen then i definately not fighting for it.

and guess what, people like me are not a miniscule minority... so have fun.

13. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (6th March 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOT View Post
    really ? well they were at war with almost everyone the last few decades korea vietnam iraqx2 yugoslavia afghanistan lybia... but somehow russia is the enemy now. Guess what though... they can inflict some damage as well...

i would have no problem with modern western culture to burn to the ground... and if that cannot happen then i definately not fighting for it.

and guess what, people like me are not a miniscule minority... so have fun.
    So, should the FIA do something or nothing?