Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I really don't see why you even start with that and what is your goal in such discussion. That's plain weird.
    Let me explain it to you. On a previous page (link: https://www.motorsportforums.com/sho...c3-2020/page36) me and some other forum members were wondering who has the biggest chance to win WRC3. I said it is Jari Huttunen, because he seems to have a big budget at his disposal. Other forum members didn't agree with me, so I tried to explain my point of view.

It is called a discussion (https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...ish/discussion). During a discussion it is allowed to have various opinions. It is not weird. It is what intelligent people do.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

2. Likes: Sulland (25th October 2020)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    You cannot tell budget from watching a list on eWRC. There's a lot more going on behind the scenes. I remember last year Gryazin tested 3 or 4 days before Tour de Corse. He can probably spend all his time available only on his rally career. Many others have a couple of runs on the monday test (if lucky) and shakedown runs, and have to work in between those events. Both entered one rally with an R5 car...

IF Huttunen would have a big budget at his disposal, I don't think he would be driving an old spec car, and I don't think he'd need a fulltime job besides rallying. Huttunen is just taking the opportunities he's getting. The team from Vlcek made a deal for some Polish and a Czech event, he does it. Adamo invited him for Rally di Alba, he did it. Apart from that, he's just doing WRC3 with an old spec R5 car.

Emil Bergkvist has been doing WRC2 with the support of J-Motorsport/Serderidis, but in the mean time he had to work a fulltime job to make money to live, and he didn't have the testing facilities other teams are getting, and he was in an older/less competitive car than the competition. I think Huttunen could be in a similar situation right now, despite having done a few more events in Poland.

4. Likes: AnttiL (19th October 2020),Hartusvuori (19th October 2020),pantealex (19th October 2020),Rallyper (19th October 2020)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    The main thing is that Huttunen won two and was second in his three starts and simply put he has the highest chances to win the title because he has been clearly the best so far.

I would understand some similar budget talk about Solberg but not about Huttunen. That makes no sense even if Solberg was the only reason.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: AnttiL (19th October 2020),pantealex (19th October 2020),tommeke_B (18th October 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Huttunen has now yet another start in Rally Due Valli this week. Apparently it's again with Hyundai Motorsport, so probably they have him testing some new parts...

8. Likes: Jarek Z (19th October 2020)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    IF Huttunen would have a big budget at his disposal, I don't think he would be driving an old spec car, (...)
    Are you sure that Huttunen is still running on a '19 spec i20?
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 2,090 Times in 903 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Are you sure that Huttunen is still running on a '19 spec i20?
    New spec i20 R5s start from chassis #78..
    Huttunen has driven three different cars this year:
    #26A - new shell of chassis
    #69A - new shell of chassis

Don't know how many updates these cars have..

11. Likes: pantealex (19th October 2020)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    New spec i20 R5s start from chassis #78..
    Huttunen has driven three different cars this year:
    #26A - new shell of chassis
    #69A - new shell of chassis

Don't know how many updates these cars have..
    2020 specs can also be available as a kit and fitted on older chassis (that’s what most top national crews have done).
    https://motorsport.hyundai.com/perfo...ts-for-i20-r5/
    Rally addict since 1982

13. Likes: TypeR (19th October 2020)
    Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Emil Bergkvist has been doing WRC2 with the support of J-Motorsport/Serderidis, but in the mean time he had to work a fulltime job to make money to live, and he didn't have the testing facilities other teams are getting, and he was in an older/less competitive car than the competition. I think Huttunen could be in a similar situation right now, despite having done a few more events in Poland.
    You are right. But such is probably the case for 80% of drivers competing in WRC3. Most private drivers have to work to survive. It has always been like that. Describing Huttunen as some poor boy on a low budget, when he has been doing 10 rallies all over Europe each year is a little strange to say the least
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    You are right. But such is probably the case for 80% of drivers competing in WRC3. Most private drivers have to work to survive. It has always been like that. Describing Huttunen as some poor boy on a low budget, when he has been doing 10 rallies all over Europe each year is a little strange to say the least
    Jarek, give us some other proof on Huttunen's wealth other than the list of his starts. For example, do you know what he do for living other than rallying?
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

16. Likes: pantealex (21st October 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    2020 specs can also be available as a kit and fitted on older chassis (that’s what most top national crews have done).
    https://motorsport.hyundai.com/perfo...ts-for-i20-r5/
    I remember hearing he got to use the new spec car in Rally di Alba and Louna-Eesti Ralli, but went back to the old spec Kowax car for Rally Estonia. Of course I can't know if they've fitted the update kit afterwards.