Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Cool Roger Penske buys IMS and IRL/IndyCar

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/m...ke/4154392002/

So the Cap'n shouts "checkmate!" and kicks over the table in the end. Are we surprised? To me, it would be funny as all get out if he renamed the sanctioning body CART.

And BTW, to the folks who were kind enough to speak to me because I was wearing a CART cap at the USGP this weekend, right back at ya. We is CART. We don't die. We multiply!

Course, we're dying off at a pretty good clip too.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

2. Likes: gm99 (6th November 2019)
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    And the inaugural Indy 500 under Penske's reign will be the first in the race's 100-year-plus history not to be run in the month of May, as it is postponed to August 23rd due to the corona pandemic.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Here lately, I've been binging on YouTube videos of classic CART IndyCar races from the 80s. I'd forgotten about Bruce Jenner being a pit reporter... ya know, back when he was still a man. And although I couldn't pick the majority of the current drivers out in a lineup, I'm looking forward to watching Indy this year. The last time I said that was when Juan Pablo spanked the IRL field waaay back when. Hoping for a good, safe race this year... and maybe I'll even learn a few of the newbies' names. The only one that I can think of that I can't stand is Santino "Fredo" Ferrucci (now that Danicant has exited stage left). I haven't kept up with the probable field, but hopefully Juancho will make another appearance. If not him, then I guess I'll cheer for Will Power.

BTW, from watching those old races, I'd forgotten how often Christie Brinkley used to show up for races and give Danny Sullivan "motivational" smiles. Man, she was smokin'! That dude just had a golden horseshoe up his butt, didn't he?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith