Page 61 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
    Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    He said that he is working a long time with them. I can only see Subaru and VW (So maybe they will put Skoda after all in their shoes). BTW Peugeot is focusing now on WEC and their programme start right in 2022, so high unlikely they will be back any time sokn if they ever will be. Maybe Citroen but not so sure about this.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    On the contrary, Peugeot is aiming for a WEC return with similar technologies that would be used in the WRC and they would be responsible for the running-gear department, their partner (Rebellion was it?) would do the chassis. In that case i would say, would be 2in1 as being quite similar in terms of development and also being a joint-venture. Citroen is also PSA, so even if they would use a Citroen or even an Opel chassis instead, there is no big difference. VAG on the otherhand i don`t really think, their joint-venture in WTCC just ended, because they are not interested in anything else but EVs.

But, new times being ahead and nobody knowing, how good or bad they will be, there will deifinitely be many changes, probably not good ones. There are news that automotive industry (production of new cars) is seeing the highest lows at the moment.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 11th April 2020 at 10:49.

Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    Subaru is one of them, thats for sure, Petter was there this summer and 5000 workers put out lots of cars of the museum and all the big bosses "hailed the king" solberg.

Škoda is of course a logical one, lots of history and know how, but i don't think VW is ready to do this with any of theire brands these days. Has to be Seat then?

Peugeot, or Citröen, some PSA brand at least is probably more logic, i think it's Peugeot's turn this time. Petter has good connections there after the WRC and RX years.(PSA)

Or some totally suprise, like Mazda, Opel (PSA), or one of the chinese brands?

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 65 Times in 46 Posts
    Subaru and Solberg is a logical combination.

The current Subaru wrx is not really a compact rally machine. Another wrx is probably not too far away.

If there is any residual link with Prodrive - Renault might be a left field wrc entrant with a scaled down version of an existing production vehicle.

Mitsubishi has seen what Makinen and Toyota have done together, and could be looking for a brand lifter with a hot Mitsubishi Mirage or other vehicle (now the memory of the swedish aprc etc car is fading)
    Dytko's mirage
    https://youtu.be/8pbjOKgndzM
    Last edited by Humber; 12th April 2020 at 13:11.

Yes, Mitsubishi is an candidate for sure, is Proton in an economic situation to do something more serious with the R5 project and to accelerate it into WRC?

Its quite clear that atlest 1, potential 2, manufacturers is joining WRC 2022, Mitsubishi is heavily into PHEV these days so they is not a imposible one!

Toyotas boss is interessed in more japanese carmakers joining WRC, he said that he talked to several in an intervju last year, hopefully it works.

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    I doubt there will be any manufacturers interested in joining too soon because of the economical effect this virus has on them
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

7. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (12th April 2020),Rally Power (14th April 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    I doubt there will be any manufacturers interested in joining too soon because of the economical effect this virus has on them
    Yes, the virus and the economic breakdown is definitly a joker everywhere.

Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    dirtfishrally @DirtFishRally

The current WRC test ban is the right decision, but it's causing a particular problem for Toyota....

https://www.dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/w...-2021-problem/
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    dirtfishrally @DirtFishRally

The current WRC test ban is the right decision, but it's causing a particular problem for Toyota....

https://www.dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/w...-2021-problem/
    There is no way you can use central Finalnd roads for testing before mid-May this year anyway. There is still occasional snow, partly freezing/melting surface, which destroys the road. So, to my view, until mid May, 0-effect.
    It is one of the coldest springs in Arctic and in higher latitudes that I can remember. Heat in the ocean from last season is almost finished, but unusually warm and humid winter has resulted in 2-3 meters of very dense snow in Scandinavian mountains (still is near 2.5 m in many places), Spitsbegren etc. and even near half of the Finland (northern part) is still covered by nearly 1 m deep snow, and this is not snowpowder, it is veeeery dense snow. It influences our spring climate for long time this year. A couple of days ago i noticed that there was -30 degrees in north Finland and at least -20 degrees is expected in Sacndinavian mountains during next week and more snow.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

11. Likes: EstWRC (14th April 2020),Fast Eddie WRC (14th April 2020),Hartusvuori (15th April 2020),skarderud (14th April 2020)
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    If Toyota cant do adequate testing of the 2021 GR Yaris is it possible they may pull out of WRC until 2022 ?

It seems Head Office wouldnt allow them continue to use the 2020 car as its based on the previous Yaris.
    #M-SPORTER