Page 107 of 126 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1252
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    In the ever repeating discussion about listening to current teams vs planning for the future I have to side with the future prospects.

Current teams will favor a solution which is cheapest to them at the moment and gets the maximum return for the (already invested) money.

As mentioned by Dirtfish themselves any current team can suddenly disappear. In fact, it's the usuall progress. Every team that has been there disappeared after a few years, either fast (if they are not competetive) or slower (if they are competetive and dont see the point of getting 5th, 10th, 15th title).
    Only MSport breaks that rule and that's cause it's a private company and not a manu team.

With hybrid rules WRC can for once be somewhat on the curve of "progress" (or "change" if that's what you prefer to call it) in the automotive industry. Even though as was said first Prius was introduced over 20 years ago. How exactly the rules should like is off course another matter. For me electric-turbo only with some small battery would also work.
    Change to R5+ without any hybridization is a road to (unlikely) short term gain (1-2 years) and long term oblivion. In that case I'd even say it's better to postpone the introduction of hybrid rules by one year and just keep the current ones until then.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Monza emerges as 2020 WRC finale candidate

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/monza...season-finale/

Liked 108 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Maybe I am reading too much into it, but perhaps there's someone in the background behind David Evans/ Dirtfish, that are wanting this agenda pushed? Dirtfish is the perfect outlet to do that, but christ knows who that could be.
    Wise words...….

4. Likes: AnttiL (15th September 2020),pantealex (16th September 2020)
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Breen still confident of 3rd Hyundai seat at Ypres:

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...on-ypres-rally

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    I can't see how they would benefit..., but the way they are continually forcing the issue makes it seem that way?

This has been going on for months now.

I find it even stranger because I was sure Evans was always huge on the spectacle of the current top class, and always recognised the need to go hybrid or move in that direction of some sort.

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but perhaps there's someone in the background behind David Evans/ Dirtfish, that are wanting this agenda pushed? Dirtfish is the perfect outlet to do that, but christ knows who that could be.
    I don't think there's anything particularly sinister to it. David Evans is well connected and close to various people in the service park. If Andrea Adamo had private concerns about Hyundai pulling out, he'd never say it publicly, but over a meal and some wine, would he discuss that risk with Evans? I can imagine it. That's not to say that Hyundai are pulling out and Adamo wouldn't know at this point, but it's something I could imagine coming up in a private conversation between the two. Something that could influence Evan's thinking.

Of course we know that David Evans will be close to Malcolm Wilson and would I imagine be trusted to know Malcolm's true feelings on things. Malcolm for example probably knows that it's highly unlikely that he's going to be able to sell any real number of Rally1 Fiestas, plus the Covid situation has caused a lot of further uncertainty. Obviously he knows the true nature of the relationship with Ford. There's no doubt in my mind that Evans will know more about the reality of their situation than he could directly report in order to protect the trust between them. But if Malcolm truly isn't sure about how the 2022 regs will work for M-Sport, short of announcing publicly they won't be there, Evans will probably know that and it'll shape his reporting accordingly.

7. Likes: T16 (16th September 2020)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post

Of course we know that David Evans will be close to Malcolm Wilson and would I imagine be trusted to know Malcolm's true feelings on things. Malcolm for example probably knows that it's highly unlikely that he's going to be able to sell any real number of Rally1 Fiestas,.
    that.At current situation Malcolm is impossible to sell wrc cars to privateers.
    If r5 cars(or similar) was the top category,would be a totaly different situation for his company.

9. Likes: pantealex (16th September 2020)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Monza emerges as 2020 WRC finale candidate

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/monza...season-finale/
    Just no...

While it's a nice show event, it's definitely not a rally that should decide any titles. Lately half of the positions in top 10 get decided by who gets more or less penalties for touching barrels in articifical turns.

11. Likes: AnttiL (16th September 2020),pantealex (16th September 2020),the sniper (16th September 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Yes. Monza is fine for a super special stage or the show event, but not for a whole WRC event

Could they combine stages from nearby, like these?

https://www.rally-maps.com/Rally-Trofeo-Aci-Como-2018
    https://www.rally-maps.com/Rally-1000-Miglia-2020
    Last edited by AnttiL; 16th September 2020 at 07:18.

13. Likes: pantealex (16th September 2020),PLuto (16th September 2020),tommeke_B (16th September 2020)
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Yes. Monza is fine for a super special stage or the show event, but not for a whole WRC event

Could they combine stages from nearby, like these?

https://www.rally-maps.com/Rally-Trofeo-Aci-Como-2018
    https://www.rally-maps.com/Rally-1000-Miglia-2020
    This. rumored to be Como