Page 119 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1252
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    I see Prokop is retiring Fiona his 2016 Fiesta RS WRC... and getting an R5.

Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Of course he’s happy because he’s not leading
    But he says the new rally will be better than the Rally Show which would be too 'light'.

Liked 1,462 Times in 835 Posts
    Can we just say that we miss Citroen and the extra seats they offered?
    Yes, definitely!
    I have to admit I missed them since the season started in Monte-Carlo, I miss their beautiful liveries, I miss their stupid, slow developed and unreliable car (and the way they won each of their 5 events with the C3), and I miss having more drivers fighting it out for the championship in different teams (and not like it is now with 2 teams fighting and another one struggling just to stay there). However, because of the Corona situation at least we're not having to miss them through 13 rounds, with the way this year has gone having only 6 events and most of them being less than 300 kms. Hope they or another PSA group manufacturer or any other manufacturer for that matter will come back any time after 2022. It feels as if it takes some of the joy in rallying (having less competitors and one less manufacturer).
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

4. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (14th October 2020),pantealex (14th October 2020),Rallyper (13th October 2020),steve.mandzij (13th October 2020)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Yes, definitely!
    I have to admit I missed them since the season started in Monte-Carlo, I miss their beautiful liveries, I miss their stupid, slow developed and unreliable car (and the way they won each of their 5 events with the C3), and I miss having more drivers fighting it out for the championship in different teams (and not like it is now with 2 teams fighting and another one struggling just to stay there). However, because of the Corona situation at least we're not having to miss them through 13 rounds, with the way this year has gone having only 6 events and most of them being less than 300 kms. Hope they or another PSA group manufacturer or any other manufacturer for that matter will come back any time after 2022. It feels as if it takes some of the joy in rallying (having less competitors and one less manufacturer).
    +10
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

6. Likes: Eli (13th October 2020)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    while i agree with you Tom,i have to mention that for some previous years,if we had stop the championship at 2/3 of season,maybe now we have Neuville with 2 world championships under his belt.
    You never know if any driver if he is going to continue with this pace for ever.
    Except Ogier i would say,because we have watch his capabilities for many years.
    It's true you don't know if he will continue with this pace, but that's the same at the end of any season. If the championship would have ended at 2/3 of the season (for any reason), Neuville would have been a worthy champion too at that point. On the events covered, Evans was the best, by far, the points prove it.

what do you mean Tom at last paragraph?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-skr...=OliverSolberg Have a look and more importantly listen). Watched so many onboard videos through the years, but with this I'm really wondering how anyone can process this properly.

Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    It's true you don't know if he will continue with this pace, but that's the same at the end of any season. If the championship would have ended at 2/3 of the season (for any reason), Neuville would have been a worthy champion too at that point. On the events covered, Evans was the best, by far, the points prove it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-skr...=OliverSolberg Have a look and more importantly listen). Watched so many onboard videos through the years, but with this I'm really wondering how anyone can process this properly.
    Petter also had quite packed pace notes like that; overall it's a lot of information, called early and very quickly strung together, but it's not the worst I've heard. Meeke's pace notes, for instance, were for me the reason he was so crash-prone.

Then again, drivers like Sainz with Moya had unintelligible gibberish pacenotes and that worked for him.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

edit My opinion about Oliver is that i am trully surprised that none factory team have grabbed him so far.
    This guy for me has showed even greater impression than Kalle.
    I don't want to get into comparing Oliver and Kalle too much, both are impressive young talents, but what shows the greater impression to you?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Petter also had quite packed pace notes like that; overall it's a lot of information, called early and very quickly strung together, but it's not the worst I've heard. Meeke's pace notes, for instance, were for me the reason he was so crash-prone.
    Again I'm bringing up Kalle, but an interesting fact about their pace notes is that Jonne reads the note much earlier than most co-drivers (of course this is how the driver wants it to be read). It's like Kalle wants to get a picture in his head of how the road will proceed after the current corner, and can hold longer pieces in his short time memory.

11. Likes: steve.mandzij (14th October 2020)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    I don't want to get into comparing Oliver and Kalle too much, both are impressive young talents, but what shows the greater impression to you?
    he is faster at tarmac for example.Just remember Kalles pace at first asphalt rallies.
    of course that point doesnt guarantee that he is ''better'',but its an indication that we have to count.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    if that works for him even at fast stages i dont see a problem.