Page 10 of 126 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by go mads View Post
    Absolute shambles, FIA and wrc promoters should be ashamed....
    Why?! This type of presentation the last couple of years has been appaling. Absolutely no media coverage and cringy livery, drivers and team presentation all around. Much better to do a 20 minute special on WRC + and distribute the well produced content via partners.

A lot of complaining for the sake of complaining about the promoter and FIA here these days.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (6th December 2019),AnttiL (5th December 2019),Eli (5th December 2019),EstWRC (5th December 2019),pantealex (5th December 2019)
    Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post
    Why?! This type of presentation the last couple of years has been appaling. Absolutely no media coverage and cringy livery, drivers and team presentation all around. Much better to do a 20 minute special on WRC + and distribute the well produced content via partners.

A lot of complaining for the sake of complaining about the promoter and FIA here these days.
    Why? I'll tell you why, regardless of what is the best way to do a launch (that's a separate discussion) the wrc announced when and where the launch was going to be, it then filmed team principals and drivers telling us to buy tickets, then seemingly because the series cant control the few manufacturers it has left (toyota to tokyo) it decides to cancel an event that many have made travel arrangements etc for just weeks before. Surely before the event was announced it would have been wise to make sure all teams would take part?

This is a world series and needs to be run like one....

4. Likes: br21 (5th December 2019),er88 (5th December 2019),Fast Eddie WRC (6th December 2019),Morte66 (6th December 2019)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    It is also uncertain whether Latvala will continue to cooperate with its co-driver Miikka Anttila. It is not about the duo's cooperation still not working. For the upcoming season, there are just too many question marks in the air.

- Now we are talking about just a few competitions and you will not get paid. We try to find work for both of us in that environment so we can make a living. Competitions go more like this, Latvala describes.
    https://yle.fi/urheilu/3-11102822

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

7. Likes: er88 (5th December 2019)
    Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    event promo at Autosport cancelled:
    https://rallysportmag.com/wrc-promot...-presentation/
    Shame, but it was good for me while it lasted! It was an unexpected pleasure to have the WRC launch in my home city. I'm not sure about the value of it overall, I don't think the most was made of it. I have to agree with go mads that it's not so much not doing it that is the problem, but launching it and then backing out is poor form. I imagine Toyota had originally committed to it, but with the cancellation of Rally Australia and what was supposed to be the launch of the GR-4, I imagine that was then rescheduled to the show in Tokyo. It then made sense for the WRC team to follow...

Anyway, I'll have fond memories of the launches there during that golden age for the WRC. Plus, I have a great souvenir on my shelf!

And the back is signed by Tommi Mäkinen, Malcolm Wilson and Mr Budar! I don't think Andrea Adamo was there, or if he was, he was too new in his role for me to recognise. Not a bad collection for a day's work!

At least I'm glad that I don't have to pay to go to the Autosport Show anymore!
    Last edited by the sniper; 5th December 2019 at 23:15.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    The calendar is almost at the bottom of the page; Chile still in:

FIA World Rally Championship

23-26 January Monaco Rallye Monte Carlo
    13-16 February Sweden Rally Sweden Jun.
    12-15 March Mexico Rally of Mexico
    16-19 April Chile Rally of Chile* Jun.
    30 April – 3 May Argentina Rally of Argentina*
    21-24 May Portugal Vodafone Rally de Portugal
    04-07 June Italy Rally of Italy Jun.
    16-19 July Kenya Safari Rally Kenya
    06-09 August Finland Neste Rally Finland*Jun.
    03-06 September New Zealand Rally New Zealand*
    24-27 September Turkey Rally of Turkey*
    15-18 October Germany Rally of Germany* Jun.
    29 October – 01 November Great Britain Rally of Great Britain*
    19-22 November Japan Rally Japan*

Jun.: Event counting towards the FIA Junior WRC
    * Subject to ASN confirmation.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    It is also uncertain whether Latvala will continue to cooperate with its co-driver Miikka Anttila. It is not about the duo's cooperation still not working. For the upcoming season, there are just too many question marks in the air.

- Now we are talking about just a few competitions and you will not get paid. We try to find work for both of us in that environment so we can make a living. Competitions go more like this, Latvala describes.
    https://yle.fi/urheilu/3-11102822
    The story also says that Jouhki will no longer directly finance Latvala's WRC program. JML repeats what he has said already in few previous interviews, that as of now he has secured the funding for two outings in the Yaris, though he's yet to get confirmation from TGR, what the exact price tag will be.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    The calendar is almost at the bottom of the page; Chile still in:
    [...]
    Heard this week that Chile being out in 2020 is confirmed...
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Kris Meeke considering retirement following his exit from Toyota.
    Kris appears unwilling to find sponsorship for a paid drive, but has been linked with a testing role within Toyota. Also seems unwilling to commit unless this features some appearances in the wrc. Source motorsport.com

Liked 650 Times in 312 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Heard this week that Chile being out in 2020 is confirmed...
    I wonder if the Chileans have just decided on their own to cancel it: hence why FIA and WRC have not acknowledged the story from Chile. They haven't agreed to it. Sounds legal...

It smells of money issues, because it seems like Formula E will still go ahead, and that's in the middle of Santiago!

14. Likes: cali (7th December 2019)