Page 41 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    That's quite big news. Is this the Satellite team?

Also, what happened to Huttunen's "development program"?
    Very weird decisions by Adamo once again to gather 5 new drivers, when they already had Mikkelsen and Breen almost without the driving program. It seems that Adamo had no trust to Huttunen and at the same time he trust Gryazin and Veiby, but how long? There was already some comments after Monte Carlo that he was not happy at all “Honestly speaking, the driver performance this weekend has not really been up to our expectations.”

After all I am rather sure that Hyundai is not putting very much money to this Junior program and now there are drivers who have been able to find their own money. FFSA is paying Loubet´s prgram and there is a lot of money. Only surprise is that the team is Hyundai and not M-Sport...

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post

After all I am rather sure that Hyundai is not putting very much money to this Junior program and now there are drivers who have been able to find their own money. FFSA is paying Loubet´s prgram and there is a lot of money. Only surprise is that the team is Hyundai and not M-Sport...
    That is true, in the past there have been good backings for Veiby and Gryazin. And Loubet, he's got also the Qatar money behind him.

Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts
    FFSA has its horses in all manu teams, although not all with WRCs - Loubet in Hyundai, Fourmaux in M-Sport and Rossel in Citroën. I agree about the backing, Gryazin has almost unlimited sources behind, Veiby covered by Even management... At the same time I think that's the reason why Mikkelsen is finished as his contract with Even expired by the end of 2019.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbonyl View Post
    FFSA has its horses in all manu teams, although not all with WRCs - Loubet in Hyundai, Fourmaux in M-Sport and Rossel in Citroën. I agree about the backing, Gryazin has almost unlimited sources behind, Veiby covered by Even management... At the same time I think that's the reason why Mikkelsen is finished as his contract with Even expired by the end of 2019.
    Policy of Even is that they don't pay for drives. Which is why Tidemand left them at the end of last season. So your logic is backwards. On top of that Mikkelsen has enough own money to pay himself, but says he doesn't want to. Whether EVENs policy of not paying also applies to his own son is another question.

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Yeah but Veiby was looking nearly finished without backing. I don't know if it has been talked about much on here before today, but as soon as i saw that Hyundai R5 team it screamed of Veiby and Gryazin bringing money, with Martin/Tanak predictably making a few bob out of the arrangement.

If it was a proper Hyundai team, they would run Breen, even maybe Mikkelsen, and sign a long term prospect like Solberg. That would show off the true speed of the R5 to potential customers, win events and the championship, and also keep an eye on the future with Oliver signed long term.

Gryazin and Veiby are good drivers, but there's no way in my eyes they've been chosen over other options available without bringing backing/paying.

6. Likes: AnttiL (28th January 2020),BigWorm (28th January 2020),dimviii (28th January 2020),Eli (28th January 2020),Ha3aP (28th January 2020),leighton323 (29th January 2020),m-ast (28th January 2020),Mirek (28th January 2020),Norm75 (28th January 2020),pantealex (29th January 2020),the sniper (29th January 2020),tomhlord (29th January 2020)
    Liked 16,091 Times in 6,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Yeah but Veiby was looking nearly finished without backing. I don't know if it has been talked about much on here before today, but as soon as i saw that Hyundai R5 team it screamed of Veiby and Gryazin bringing money, with Martin/Tanak predictably making a few bob out of the arrangement.

If it was a proper Hyundai team, they would run Breen, even maybe Mikkelsen, and sign a long term prospect like Solberg. That would show off the true speed of the R5 to potential customers, win events and the championship, and also keep an eye on the future with Oliver signed long term.

Gryazin and Veiby are good drivers, but there's no way in my eyes they've been chosen over other options available without bringing backing/paying.
    agree 100%

Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    Solberg wasn't too interested in Hyundai since there would be 3 drivers in the team, now they added 3 more that will use of resources and people so Skoda was definitely the best choice i belive.
    11 drivers in total now within Hyundai of different levels...
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

9. Likes: pantealex (29th January 2020),tomhlord (29th January 2020)
    https://twitter.com/skunnercampbell/...17485938298881

David Evans is leaving Motorsport News, Autosport as well?

11. Likes: Portimao (29th January 2020)
    Liked 656 Times in 315 Posts
    To DirtFIsh as well.

Quite a lot of departures from Motorsport Network recently. Believed to be that the end is nigh....

Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    To DirtFIsh as well.
    Guess or fact?