Page 68 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/wrc-c...nement-option/

Finland could be postponed to September or October (weird, since the organizers have strongly talked against this).

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    On the rally you don´t have to stop people. Spectators manage this themselves, I´m sure.
    But if an accident happens, the organizers are responsible. That's why they want to manage it.

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    But if an accident happens, the organizers are responsible. That's why they want to manage it.
    Well, marshalls have to see there´s not more than 50 people around car then...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Well, marshalls have to see there´s not more than 50 people around car then...
    I'm seriously talking about accidents involving spectators. We had this in a Finland national event in 2018. The victim was sitting on the outside of a corner, drunk, when a car crashed over. And the organizers are still in the court for that.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Shortened calendar and Elfyn takes the championship in Wales. That'll do me ey.

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    I'm seriously talking about accidents involving spectators. We had this in a Finland national event in 2018. The victim was sitting on the outside of a corner, drunk, when a car crashed over. And the organizers are still in the court for that.
    I would say your example hasn´t anything to do with the Covid-19 regulations. Still marshalls are in charge at any situation.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 12,160 Times in 5,214 Posts
    No word about testing? As we know it’s banned until 1st of June.

Even the new testing vids would make me very happy at the moment
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

9. Likes: pantealex (7th May 2020)
    Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    I'd be very surprised to see Rally NZ happen unfortunately. Currently we have a mandatory 14 day quarantine in place for new arrivals. Lockdown restrictions are slowly being reduced, but somehow I can't see how a huge travelling circus would be allowed to enter the country even as far away as September. I hope to be proven wrong.
    Not sure if the 2021 calendar has been finalised but it would be great to see Rally NZ on it especially if this years event will probably be cancelled.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Rally NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Maui J. View Post
    I'd be very surprised to see Rally NZ happen unfortunately. Currently we have a mandatory 14 day quarantine in place for new arrivals. Lockdown restrictions are slowly being reduced, but somehow I can't see how a huge travelling circus would be allowed to enter the country even as far away as September. I hope to be proven wrong.
    Not sure if the 2021 calendar has been finalised but it would be great to see Rally NZ on it especially if this years event will probably be cancelled.
    We've already booked and paid for flights, accommodation in Auckland plus a hire car. We have volunteered as officials (as we do for Rally Australia). I have thought for some time that there is very little chance of it going ahead - the teams will not want to travel that far with a (possible) very restricted finish to the season. I am glad to see that a decision will be made at the end of May as it gives us some time to try to recover our costs or change holiday plans.