Page 119 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1224
    Liked 6,521 Times in 2,833 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    The problem of the cost of producing and running the '17-spec cars is the root of the problems.

They have put all the privateers out of the WRC top level
    Who were the top level privateers in 2016?

http://juwra.com/season_2016_points.html

Guys like Henning Solberg, Martin Prokop, Yazeed Al-Rajhi, Lorenzo Bertelli, Marcos Ligato etc. don't really fight for top positions. It's just more WRC cars on the entry list, but personally I don't care if these hobbyist drivers would drive Rally2 cars instead.

2. Likes: EstWRC (12th October 2020)
    Liked 2,567 Times in 1,189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Who were the top level privateers in 2016?

http://juwra.com/season_2016_points.html

Guys like Henning Solberg, Martin Prokop, Yazeed Al-Rajhi, Lorenzo Bertelli, Marcos Ligato etc. don't really fight for top positions. It's just more WRC cars on the entry list, but personally I don't care if these hobbyist drivers would drive Rally2 cars instead.
    But this privateers were bringing money to M-Sport...

4. Likes: pantealex (14th October 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    But this privateers were bringing money to M-Sport...
    I see the point, but M-Sport still has someone like Greensmith and Hyundai someone like Loubet.

Also drivers like Prokop and Bertelli had their own cars and teams.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 12th October 2020 at 12:12.

Liked 3,040 Times in 923 Posts
    Also keep in mind that the occasional spectator who goes to a random public area always enjoys their spectacular but inefficient way of taking junctions and hairpins...

And when the previous generation was more accessible, especially in the first season (2011) it was nice to see those. There were quite a few drivers who were not talented enough to become WRC drivers, but were still very entertaining to see.

7. Likes: pantealex (14th October 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Also keep in mind that the occasional spectator who goes to a random public area always enjoys their spectacular but inefficient way of taking junctions and hairpins...

And when the previous generation was more accessible, especially in the first season (2011) it was nice to see those. There were quite a few drivers who were not talented enough to become WRC drivers, but were still very entertaining to see.
    Junctions as spectating places are underrated! Lots of anti-lag noise, different approaches and action guaranteed

Rally2 cars, or even Rally4 cars can also be entertaining to see. However, seeing that one Finnish dude pumping the gas in 2019 was not entertaining...

9. Likes: pantealex (14th October 2020),tommeke_B (12th October 2020)
    Liked 3,040 Times in 923 Posts
    Junctions as spectating places are underrated! Lots of anti-lag noise, different approaches and action guaranteed

Rally2 cars, or even Rally4 cars can also be entertaining to see. However, seeing that one Finnish dude pumping the gas in 2019 was not entertaining...
    I know, I think the same way as you do. However I'm talking about a different audience. Also that Finnish guy is a very bad example. I'm talking about guys like Prokop, Araujo, Wilson, Block, Kuipers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    I know, I think the same way as you do. However I'm talking about a different audience. Also that Finnish guy is a very bad example. I'm talking about guys like Prokop, Araujo, Wilson, Block, Kuipers etc.
    I see what you mean, but I'm more into the sporting aspect so when these guys are competitionally in no-man's-land, it's frustrating.

Besides, why couldn't they keep running their 2016 spec WRC cars? It's still allowed, right?

Liked 6,817 Times in 3,602 Posts
    I see what you mean, but I'm more into the sporting aspect so when these guys are competitionally in no-man's-land, it's frustrating.

Besides, why couldn't they keep running their 2016 spec WRC cars? It's still allowed, right?
    They could but there's little incentive as they get no attention, coverage or reward. Did you see or hear anything of Prokop in Sardinia at the weekend ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    They could but there's little incentive as they get no attention, coverage or reward. Did you see or hear anything of Prokop in Sardinia at the weekend ?
    No. And I didn't hear about Kimmo Kurkela in Estonia, driving a 2017 spec car. Deividas Jocius had some coverage in Monte, but was entered through M-Sport.

14. Likes: pantealex (14th October 2020)
    Liked 6,817 Times in 3,602 Posts
    No. And I didn't hear about Kimmo Kurkela in Estonia, driving a 2017 spec car. Deividas Jocius had some coverage in Monte, but was entered through M-Sport.
    No wonder with those in Estonia waaay down the running order.