Page 25 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masa90 View Post
    Röhrl?

There is not many multiple time champions: Ogier, Loeb, Grönholm, Mäkinen, Kankkunen, Sainz, Biasion, Röhrl.

And out of those only Ogier, Kankkunen and Röhrl won it with more than one manufacturer in total.
    Isn’t that exactly what I said?

2. Likes: pantealex (31st December 2019)
    Liked 92 Times in 55 Posts
    Well after you edited your post yeah surely.

Liked 9,355 Times in 4,970 Posts
    Mads Østberg @MadsOstberg

HAPPY NEW YEAR & thank you for all your support through 2019. I'm happy to announce that the rally season 2020 will kick off with two rallies in the Norwegian Championship. Sigdalsrally 18th January and Rally Finnskog February 1st. More news regarding 2020 will come shortly ��
    #M-SPORTER

5. Likes: skarderud (31st December 2019)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Mads Østberg @MadsOstberg

HAPPY NEW YEAR & thank you for all your support through 2019. I'm happy to announce that the rally season 2020 will kick off with two rallies in the Norwegian Championship. Sigdalsrally 18th January and Rally Finnskog February 1st. More news regarding 2020 will come shortly ��
    Monte is between those dates...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 9,355 Times in 4,970 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Monte is between those dates...
    Yep. He was never likely to be in Monte.

He'll likely start on one of his favourite events (Sweden), then onto the gravel he prefers.
    #M-SPORTER

8. Likes: Sulland (31st December 2019)
    Liked 658 Times in 317 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Yep. He was never likely to be in Monte.

He'll likely start on one of his favourite events (Sweden), then onto the gravel he prefers.
    He was listed on the initial entries for Monte issued to the media by ACM...

10. Likes: pantealex (31st December 2019)
    Liked 12,209 Times in 5,242 Posts
    Happy New Year everyone and we have our first "news" of the year.

OFFICIALLY A HYUNDAI MOTORSPORT DRIVER FROM TODAY (1 JANUARY), WORLD CHAMPION OTT TÄNAK TALKS FOR THE FIRST TIME ABOUT HIS MAIDEN TEST IN AN I20 WRC.

Q. You drove the car in the French Alps for the first time last month. How was it?
    A. I actually did a seat fitting before the first proper test, but that was just driving around slowly. The testing time is quite limited, so we didn’t want to be wasting time on the first proper test getting the seat sorted out. When I drove the car, straight away it was OK. It was good. It was driving easily and there was a good feeling for the car.

Q. The consistent conditions were conducive to a first test?
    A. We had some ice places in the morning and then a little bit in the shade, but really the road was quite dry and consistent – this is good for learning the new car.

Q. Whose set-up did you use?
    Thierry (Neuville) and Séb (Loeb) had already driven the car and their settings are not so far apart. The car was quite similar to them and I drove like this. Then we were just doing some fine-tuning to the car after that. That was helping me get comfortable with the car, but you know at this level, if the car’s good then the car’s good. And this is a good one.

Q. What do you need from the car for Rallye Monte-Carlo?
    A. Monte Carlo is not normally so much about the peak performance, it’s not all about the speed you can make from the car. It’s such a tough event, it’s more about finding the comfort and confidence. A lot of that comes from the small details, but I got all I wanted from my comfort in the car.

Q. You test again in the coming days. What are you looking for in that test?
    A. I want some more tricky conditions. I have an idea for the car in normal conditions, but now we need to find more snow and ice for the next Monte test.

Q. And what’s the welcome from Hyundai been like?
    A. Really good. There’s no doubt this is a factory team, it’s obvious from the way the team is running it’s a very high level. They know what they’re doing, the feedback and support immediately was really good and very much at the top level. I’m happy.

https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/janu...4--12-12-.html
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: AnttiL (1st January 2020),cali (1st January 2020)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Sadly this is press-release level of information, much like most info coming out when he was at Toyota.

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

Thierry (Neuville) and Séb (Loeb) had already driven the car and their settings are not so far apart. The car was quite similar to them and I drove like this. Then we were just doing some fine-tuning to the car after that. That was helping me get comfortable with the car, but you know at this level, if the car’s good then the car’s good. And this is a good one.
    How does that explain Loeb being the slowest WRC on tarmac on the last rally while Neuville won it? Maybe there is more to it than just the car being "good" for a press-release.

(Though the car he drove was not the same car that Neuville/Loeb drove in Spain, at least what concerns diffuser, exhaust, roof vent and who knows what else.)
    Last edited by mknight; 1st January 2020 at 13:55.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Sadly this is press-release level of information, much like most info coming out when he was at Toyota.

How does that explain Loeb being the slowest WRC on tarmac on the last rally while Neuville won it? Maybe there is more to it than just the car being "good" for a press-release.

(Though the car he drove was not the same car that Neuville/Loeb drove in Spain, at least what concerns diffuser, exhaust, roof vent and who knows what else.)
    Well this is something that no drivers say in public and we will never know unless we have an insider.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

15. Likes: EstWRC (1st January 2020)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/janu...4--12-12-.html
    I found these more interesting...