Page 64 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
    Liked 105 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Farbar1 View Post
    We have already booked and paid for a trip to New Zealand for Rally NZ. I don't see it running even though it is not scheduled until September. I am sure they when they try to squeeze as many events as possible in the latter half of the year, they will all be Europe based.
    The plus side is, a trip to NZ will be really good rally or no rally.

2. Likes: WRC1 (23rd April 2020)
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
    Be aware that if you come to NZ in September, you may have to go through a compulsory 2-week quarantine.

Liked 25 Times in 20 Posts
    The quarantine may or may not be in a Central Auckland Hotel (NZ) that may or may not be near (a day light hours or longer) high rise/ convention center construction or demolition zone

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Rally Finland are waiting for Finnish government recommendations, but working on preparations as usual. I think Pantealex already said it some week ago.
    All borders must be open well before that time, otherwise no rally.

Some competitors/teams are from South-America, Asia etc.

Also Rally without spectators is NOT possible in Finland.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

6. Likes: Rallyper (22nd April 2020)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Farbar1 View Post
    We have already booked and paid for a trip to New Zealand for Rally NZ. I don't see it running even though it is not scheduled until September. I am sure they when they try to squeeze as many events as possible in the latter half of the year, they will all be Europe based.
    https://www.dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/r...end-wrc-hopes/
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 25 Times in 20 Posts
    I am unsure about a Bathurst, NSW, Aus based rally. (as mentioned in the Dirtfish article above)
    I will have to ask the cuzz who lived near Bathurst for about 20 years, where the good roads are.
    The Caves Rally is relatively nearby,(in Aus distance terms, Oberon @50km from Bathurst)) I hope some better roads than what I have seen in the videos can be found. (Some roads appear to be point and squirt after a fast powerslide corner)
    Caves Classic 2019 https://youtu.be/lRmUJwzOFIo
    Turn off the sound - squeaky co-drivers warning.
    caves rally incar - fairly rough stage
    https://youtu.be/b_f9yG4cB-4

Batemans Bay in car (Half the distance of what Coffs is from Sydney, but to the south) appears to have interesting roads.
    https://youtu.be/pUzoDyiLPlU?t=58 (squeaky co-driver)

Canberra would appear to be a compromise option, 100kms? further from Sydney than Bathurst. Long history of the likes of the Castrol Rally and Asia Pacific and Australian Rally Championship rounds held on the roads around Canberra. Would September work for Canberra? no event clash to pack out the accommodation?
    Greenwash the rally for greenies/ politics?, make the cars run on LNG & electric hybrid for the Aus round (Aus has lots of LNG, less emissions than petrol)
    Canberra Rally - incar (fairly typical stage for Canberra)
    https://youtu.be/KNmXlZX7qJI

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    All borders must be open well before that time, otherwise no rally.

Some competitors/teams are from South-America, Asia etc.

Also Rally without spectators is NOT possible in Finland.
    Well, Tarkiainen said that if the biggest teams (WRC) are able to come in Finland, they will drive the rally. Also if FIA gives green light, they will drive it. Of course Finnish Goverment can reject the making of the rally, but at least from this interview, I see that the South-American, Asian teams are not the issue. If they have difficulties to attend Neste Rally, it won't be an issue. The only concern is if the biggest teams can attend. Keskisuomalainen Magazine

There wasn't any mentioning about the quarantine? So if the borders are closed but open for business with two weeks quarantine, then again it could be driven. Or do you know something we dont`about the borders that have to be open?
    Last edited by Fiesta; 22nd April 2020 at 13:51.

10. Likes: EstWRC (22nd April 2020)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiesta View Post

There wasn't any mentioning about the quarantine? So if the borders are closed but open for business with two weeks quarantine, then again it could be driven.
    ι dont thik that drivers/teams will agree to stay for 15 days in quarantine.

12. Likes: cali (22nd April 2020)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    ι dont thik that drivers/teams will agree to stay for 15 days in quarantine.
    If that´s the thing. Maybe no quarantine in August. Anyway, what we know is AKK is in the hands of Finnish Government decisions.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    So, no decision till the beginning of June? Will they take the risk with events being banned until the end of July now, to continue preparing the rally 1 week after that date?