Page 33 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Liked 709 Times in 335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    I had same thought one day. How many big automotive mergers actually we have?

Daimler are currently alone as far as my memory serves me

BMW Mini Rolls-Royce

VW Audi Škoda SEAT Porsche Bugatti Bentley Lamborghini

PSA-FCA has Maserati Alfa Romeo Lancia FIAT Dodge Chrysler Peugeot Citroën Opel/Vauxhall

Renault Nissan Dacia Lada

Toyota has Daihatsu, Lexus and Subaru (only 20%)

TATA Jaguar Land Rover

Hyundai Kia

GM has Chevrolet GMC Buick Cadillac Holden

Ford
    Suzuki
    Mazda
    Mitsubishi
    Honda

Not much to choose if we count in who already participates, who is not interested and are driven by their global policies, some of them do not have the right segment cars and market share, some of them are not doing well...
    In that light I would be happy if no manufacture leaves and we have one more to join.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Daimler have a hook up with Nissan/Renault for some stuff, the X Class is a Nissan underneath.

Toyota also have collaboration with PSA, for the Aygo/1008 and BMW for the Z4/Supra..

The lines a blurred everywhere you look these days.

2. Likes: cali (15th January 2020)
    Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    Toyota also have collaboration with PSA, for the Aygo/1008
    Is's Aygo/107/C1 but this collaboration is going to an end. Since 2021 Toyota takes over the factory in Kolín, CZ, and the joint venture will be over. Toyota will produce Yaris there.

Anyway these are only joint ventures like many others (Mitsubishi/Kia/Hyundai engine cooperation for example). Those are not about the brand ownership sharing.
    Last edited by Mirek; 15th January 2020 at 18:04.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: cali (15th January 2020),dimviii (15th January 2020)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Renault Nissan own Mitsubishi
    VW group has a similar percentage in Suzuki as Toyota has Subaru unless they have relinquished it.

6. Likes: cali (15th January 2020)
    Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Is's Aygo/107/C1 but this collaboration is going to an end. Since 2021 Toyota takes over the factory in Kolín, CZ, and the joint venture will be over. Toyota will produce Yaris there.

Anyway these are only joint ventures like many others (Mitsubishi/Kia/Hyundai engine cooperation for example). Those are not about the brand ownership sharing.
    Toyota pro ace/ Peugeot expert / Citroën jumpy is same car.
    1.6 benzin engine used by psa is still a ep engine which came from BMW.
    C zero car is a Mitsubishi just like the 4007/4008 where.
    Puma engine in boxer was ford
    107/c1/Aygo
    V6 diesel was also Ford/jaguars
    Plenty of examples

So I get that they don't want to battle each other in same class, but like Citroën official in rally 1 class and Opel in rally 2 should be possible.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    As I said joint ventures are something different than being part of the same group. For this discussion they are meaningless.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

9. Likes: Andre Oliveira (15th January 2020),cali (15th January 2020),Gregor-y (15th January 2020),pantealex (19th January 2020),Rally Hokkaido (16th January 2020)
    Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    If Makinen can put together a team I hope the Solbergs can, too. I thought the family has some history as a team operator but all I could discover is that Henning is Pontus Tidemand's step father.

Subaru would be nice, and it would be nice if they were planning some decent new cars, too. The Impreza/Crosstrek and WRX are way too big these days. I'm kind of hoping for that because it's the most likely maker to offer a halfway close road car in the US.

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    WRC highlights on ITV4 in the UK this year: https://motorsportbroadcasting.com/2...lti-year-deal/

12. Likes: er88 (15th January 2020),tomhlord (16th January 2020)
    Liked 709 Times in 335 Posts
    Totally separate topic, but I wonder if Toyota/Hyundai might consider fielding extra cars on Pirelli’s at times throughout the season? Not relevant until Pirelli have the 2021 tyres ready, but it could/would provide valuable data.

Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    Totally separate topic, but I wonder if Toyota/Hyundai might consider fielding extra cars on Pirelli’s at times throughout the season? Not relevant until Pirelli have the 2021 tyres ready, but it could/would provide valuable data.
    I'd rather see Pirelli field their own team... But of course that's but a pipe dream

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor-y View Post
    If Makinen can put together a team I hope the Solbergs can, too. I thought the family has some history as a team operator but all I could discover is that Henning is Pontus Tidemand's step father.

Subaru would be nice, and it would be nice if they were planning some decent new cars, too. The Impreza/Crosstrek and WRX are way too big these days. I'm kind of hoping for that because it's the most likely maker to offer a halfway close road car in the US.
    Regarding the size of Subaru models, or any manufacturer, are the proposed new rules for space frame chassis and silhouette vehicles not including the ability to downscale the size of the mass produced model it's based on, I thought this was once mentioned but haven't read what has been proposed.

16. Likes: AndyRAC (16th January 2020),cali (16th January 2020)