Page 89 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Liked 978 Times in 340 Posts
    Rumours about Germany only being driven on the Panzerplatte without spectators.

Liked 91 Times in 54 Posts
    How much rallyworthy roads are there?

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    You can actually make quite a lot of different variations from the roads there in the military area. Is it WRC rallying, that is another question.

4. Likes: pantealex (16th July 2020)
    Liked 800 Times in 416 Posts
    Why wouldn't it be worthy of WRC rallying? Those roads are epic.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    Why wouldn't it be worthy of WRC rallying? Those roads are epic.
    Honestly I think they're quite boring, with a lot of straights and junctions. There are only a few interesting parts there. The vineyard stages are much more interesting imo, but there you cannot keep the spectators away.

If this is happening, the promotor better makes sure WRC+ is properly working, unlike every Monte Carlo Rally...

7. Likes: cali (16th July 2020),pantealex (16th July 2020),steve.mandzij (18th July 2020)
    Liked 800 Times in 416 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Honestly I think they're quite boring, with a lot of straights and junctions. There are only a few interesting parts there. The vineyard stages are much more interesting imo, but there you cannot keep the spectators away.

If this is happening, the promotor better makes sure WRC+ is properly working, unlike every Monte Carlo Rally...
    I was there last year. Loved panzerplatte, of course I was in a very high speed section. Junctions are inevitable there, because there is a massive road network.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have been racing in Rally Deutschland six times... Panzerplatte is enough to do it under these circumstances... great challenge.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I haven't been to Rally Deutschland let alone raced there but I've analyzed the onboards closely for my blog and I would say Baumholder has the most of fast-flowing, drivable corners of the whole rally. In some of these corners you even go sideways because the rugged surface has low grip. Meanwhile, the vineyard and countryside stages consist mostly of just straights, flat corners, 90° turns, hairpins and chicanes - all of which feature on Baumholder of course as well.

I wouldn't mind having Rally Deutschland solely in Baumholder, although it would surely change its character.

11. Likes: Tauri_J (17th July 2020),tomhlord (18th July 2020)
    Liked 84 Times in 30 Posts
    I've been thinking for a while that their best hope of running the rally and avoiding issues with crowds would be to run it at Baumholder with all access closed off, but I thought I read somewhere that the organisers needed the money from ticket sales to make it financially viable? So if this does happen, they must need more sponsors money or maybe cut a deal with WRC promoter to reduce the fee they have to pay?

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    Imagine... three days of the same Camera angles from the one location of stages... wonder if RBMH/Promoter will move the camera's around each day...
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"