Page 118 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1223
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    I think believing you or a guy who has done rallying himself (Dimvii) I tend to believe a person with experience.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Yes, nearly all drivers run 3SS+1S for Ss13 and Ss14, Rovanperä changed to 2 softs for Ss14 and admitted in "all live" that it was wrong choice, because road was too wet. For SS13, from km 7, everything was from damp to wet until the end.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

2. Likes: AnttiL (27th January 2020),cali (27th January 2020),dimviii (27th January 2020),pantealex (27th January 2020)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    Doubtful, they would have blacked out if G force were that high. Fighter pilots only pull about 9G
    It's not doubtful at all.

The magic is in the time duration of the peak and in several aspects.

The first aspect is how high G your body parts can survive for how long time. Generally 100G over something like 0,00001s is a value which shall not kill a healthy person (you can achieve that by falling on your head in the bathroom for example - it shall not kill you but it may). Generally the acceleration is dangerous mainly for the brain. Most of the other organs have different critical damage criteria (for the soft stuff in your belly it's mainly the movement magnitude for example).

Second aspect is that you can not measure the highest and shortest peaks by common accelerometers. You need hugely expensive gauges to catch the short peaks. These definitely aren't mounted in the rally cars, i.e. what you can measure is a value over a certain period of time not short enough to catch the highest value.

The last aspect is that the acceleration measured by the gauge is not an acceleration of the brain. The brain is inside the head and the head is inside the helmet which is specifically designed to slow down the acceleration movement; the head is flexibly attached to the body (not that much with the HANS) and the body is flexibly attached to the seat. All of that also has its own inertia. As a result the acceleration of the brain in this crash scenario is probably much smaller than the peak achieved at some rigid point of the bodyshell.

The 9G limit for fighter pilots allows them to withstand such acceleration without black-out for several seconds. That is something completely different than crash mechanics. the values are incomparable because if we speak about crash we mean a peak which takes for example 100000x shorter time than the turn in the fighter jet.
    Last edited by Mirek; 27th January 2020 at 12:37.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: dimviii (27th January 2020),eib1 (27th January 2020),itix (28th January 2020),Rallyper (27th January 2020)
    Liked 2,095 Times in 904 Posts
    Järveoja said that:,,According to FIA it was 100G..'' not that he himself made up some number

Here's the whole article in Estonian:
    https://www.topauto.ee/et/jarveoja-r...ed?news_id=796

6. Likes: AnttiL (27th January 2020)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    No. One can withstand many g's if the duration is very short, just a few milliseconds. Fighter pilots take 9g for much longer times.

But i do doubt the 90g, since kubicas crash in canada 2007 was only 75g, and he hit a concrete wall at 230km/h.
    Yes with anti G suits and many months training. Without can easily black out.
    How do Fia measure it? Do they have sensors on driver and co pilots suits? Or do they just use bullshit-o-meter.
    Brack may have survived many G's but with multiple injuries, and at what point he blacked out who knows.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Anti-G suit is completely useless for crash. You keep comparing what is incomparable.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

9. Likes: itix (28th January 2020)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Not really, I know fighter pilots sustain G for longer periods than what would be achieved in a car accident. I only said I doubted the 100G quoted as in my opinion one or both of them would have blacked out. To which those of you that are saying different have all said you doubt the 100G figure, or lack of any accurate measuring equipment, to prove my opinion wrong.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Great Rally of Neuville, having Toyota as Champions of last year, I think they are the ones with more power, and Ogier and Evans, did not give the size and Rovampera surpassed them, very well Lappi, Suninem did not give his 3 years. . in M-Sport, and Citroën with its Cr3 if it gave a good brand image, not like last year, I also carry a large collection of drivers, I really liked Munster being Novel in the World Cup ... Loeb, it's worth the shame to take brand points and My Tanak ,, I pay your mistake very expensive ,, greetings.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Yes, nearly all drivers run 3SS+1S for Ss13 and Ss14, Rovanperä changed to 2 softs for Ss14 and admitted in "all live" that it was wrong choice, because road was too wet. For SS13, from km 7, everything was from damp to wet until the end.
    thats correct,but we dont know at what condition were these super softs they installed.Were new ones?or used ones with already some stages on them?
    if we dont have all data,we cant say its wrong alignment,or he dont know how to preserve his tyres etc

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Back from my second Monte trip and what I just worked out is my 21st foreign WRC event.

A tiring but rewarding event. Wish there was a bit more widespread snow and ice about but at least it meant it was easy to get around. We stayed in Ancelle which was very convenient for stage 9/11 on Saturday which passed right through there. This year, despite a lot of advice, I went to the Col du Turini. I had to see it for my own eyes. Sadly my own eyes were a number of years too late to see any kind of spectacle or excitement. It is a tarmac car park. But never mind.

Some photos here if anyone is interested: https://www.flickr.com/photos/949985...57712847773756

1 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
    2 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
    4 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
    5 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
    8 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
    10 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
    Last edited by Simmi; 27th January 2020 at 16:11.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

14. Likes: AndyRAC (27th January 2020),AnttiL (27th January 2020),dimviii (27th January 2020),Eli (27th January 2020),EstWRC (27th January 2020),Ha3aP (27th January 2020),MartijnS (27th January 2020),Mirek (27th January 2020),Oscar Cibie (27th January 2020),steve.mandzij (27th January 2020)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    On the morning of the RC opening round, Rally Monte Carlo, Friday, January 24, Oit Tanak, who was hit by a major accident at the new stage SS4, left the hospital where he spent the night. On Saturday, 25, Hyundai's service was shown (photo before the rally start).

"I don't have any pain in my body, I'll heal quickly with just a small bruise. I checked everything at the hospital, there's nothing broken and I'm not worried. I'm ready now, it was boring to be in the hospital (laughs), but the food was good because the team catered.

It was a bit surprising for me to leave the course there. Maybe there was a slight misunderstanding when I recked. Is that the cause? The notes weren't fully open, but at speeds near that, there weren't any cautions, especially bumpies. Rather than being optimistic, it seems like I missed the pace note in various combinations. Anyway, I was surprised. Last night I spent at the hospital just in case, but now I'm focusing on the future. I never lose my confidence. Just a crash. It's common in rallies. It's normal for me.

Of course, I wish I had spent more time learning this car. Thursday night was not a good feeling. It was a little better yesterday morning and I was going to improve it little by little. Unfortunately, it was a very short rally. However, the season is still long. We will continue to do our best to avoid the troubles and to do our best according to the schedule we have decided.

Video of the accident? Oh, I saw about 300 times (laughs). WRCtv has been playing many times. In fact, the audience showed me at the scene of the accident. But there was nothing new from the outside. I'm experiencing it from the inside here. ''

https://www.rallyplus.net/66704

16. Likes: AnttiL (27th January 2020),EstWRC (27th January 2020)