Page 28 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    at 2,42 Solberg small exit of road

https://youtu.be/KpkxbRA2-j0

Unbeaten on "his" rally since 2014, the Gapençais knows that a big fight awaits him against the infernal trio from Hyundai, Thierry Neuville, Ott Tanak and Sébastien Loeb.

"Changing the environment before Monte-Carlo is becoming a habit," reacted Sébastien Ogier at the microphone of Olivier Gaspard, the RTBF's special envoy to the south of France. This is a new challenge, a new Our opportunity this season is to go back to battle and go after the title we lost last year. We’re going to approach this Monte-Carlo with a lot of humility, because we don't really know what to expect, both in terms of the car and the conditions. Of course, the objective is to fight at the front, but if you don't is not, it will not be a tragedy. It can happen! We will do as always: trust instinct, and give our best. If we feel good in the car and we are able to fight for victory, we will do everything for. "

"I still think that 2020 will be my last season, it's my plan, it hasn't changed, resumed the six-time World Champion. But it will probably not be my last Monte-Carl ', because it remains a Race so dear to my heart that I cannot exclude the possibility of doing it again one day. But I do not ask myself this kind of question when I start this season. I am focused on my goals: to adapt as soon as possible to the Toyota Yaris WRC and try to fight for the title. Here, the N.1 strategy will be to avoid the traps, and if the conditions become more constant, we will have to attack and go quickly, because the gaps are small here. "

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...lo?id=10414302

Many of you sent your questions to us via our RTBF Sport Facebook page, and Olivier Gaspard, RTBF's special envoy to Monte-Carlo, selected five.

Here are Thierry Neuville's answers to your questions…

Question from Jonathan and Eric: What are the main changes made to the Hyundai between the last rally in 2019 (Catalonia in October, note) and the Monte-Carlo?

"With the end of year celebrations and the closure of the factory, it's always difficult to improve a lot during this period. But we still worked, we took the opportunity to improve the background a little flat, we have a different exhaust outlet, with a slightly modified rear diffuser… and other little details that we can't really talk about! But there aren't huge changes either. not what they did on the Toyota side, but we are hopeful to be in the game here as was the case last year. "

Eric's question: All of Belgium is waiting for a World Champion title, does that put you under pressure?

"Pressure, no. We know that we are among the best. We managed to get ahead of Sébastien Ogier last year, but in the end, Ott was better. In the middle of last season, he was super-efficient, no one could go looking for him, and he has linked the victories. But we keep the same rhythm, the same motivation, and we really want to win. But it's very difficult! "

Question from Brigitte: Which opponent do you fear the most this season?

"It's early to say, but on paper, Sébastien Ogier remains the best. We will have to face him, and he has a new car (the Toyota Yaris WRC, editor's note) which has been very efficient in recent years. And then, Ott joined our team, but it will undoubtedly allow us to still evolve and learn things, I will try to be in front of him as often as possible. "

Question from Jean-Marie: Isn’t it a disavowal, a lack of confidence in you to see Ott Tanak arrive at Hyundai?

"Absolutely not, it is above all a proof of the brand's commitment. At Hyundai, the more we advance, the more we invest in the rally. It is rather a good sign! And since we have our new boss, Andrea "Adamo, we want to win everything. So we are optimizing our chances. After that, it will be him or me for the title, or both, we'll see! The important thing for the brand remains the Manufacturers' title."

Question from Laurent: What makes the Monte-Carlo so complicated?

"A Monte-Carlo on dry roads would be much less complicated than what has been the case in recent years, with changing conditions and ultra-difficult tire choices! This year, it has melted a lot in recent days, conditions have changed a lot since the reconnaissance, so we don't really know what awaits us now. We should know more this afternoon.

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...-qvHTaKy9_a9MY

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    how does he know what improvements Toyota made?
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Well, they were probably tested by Tänak already...

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    When are they making the tyre choice?

Edit - presume they've already made it but no news yet.
    Last edited by er88; 23rd January 2020 at 17:51.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    From the map it seems they are changing now. At least Ott and Thierry have stood still for some time now. Evans and Ogier approaching
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

9. Likes: er88 (23rd January 2020)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Remote service now at 19:45
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts

12. Likes: er88 (23rd January 2020),EstWRC (23rd January 2020),Kalm (23rd January 2020),pantealex (23rd January 2020)