Page 116 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1223
    Liked 253 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Loeb had today morning 5 super softs,while all the others had 3 super softs + 3 softs.
    the problem for Loeb was that he had to used these tyres for all 4 stages,while the others could rotate with softs
    except that running a car with 3 softs and 1 ss doesnt slide so much,its much more grippier,so you protect better that 1 super soft you have on the car.
    I'm pretty sure you wrong.

Nearly all ran 3xSS6 + 1xS6 on SS13.

2. Likes: bluuford (27th January 2020)
    Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    To sum up I think this was Neuville's best performance to date, calm, collected, knew when to push and didn't overstep his limits. Once Tänak was out I think he both gained & lost lo of pressure, and he delivered faultlessly, I mean, honestly if you would have told me even 3 years ago that Neuville would win here I'd thought you would be bluffing, yet here we are in 2020 and he's won his first Monte. We are talking about the same person who's retired on his 3 first tries (if anyone here remembers back in 2012 when his DS3 was on fire)....very impressive start for Thierry here & a huge boost for his confidence and a win putting himself 30 points ahead of Tänak. Tänak rarely makes mistake these days (I checked and this was his first DNF since Australia 2018) so it's a good thing all of his rivals took off with a lot of points from this event as Tänak will be hunting them as soon as Sweden (a rally he has won last year). I guess it will take him time to fine tune his Hyundai to his liking but once he'll do that he'll be tough to match imho.

As for the man who came in second, Sebastien Ogier, I think this signifies the end of an era; you might claim that we were already past the Sebastien era after Tanak taking his title last year, but now I truly believe his reign is over, as it will be very tough for him to take his crown back. Even his Monte crown was taken from him and for the first time since 2013, there was someone faster than the Frenchman and for the first time since 2010 (or 2006, depends how you count it) a Frenchman hasn't won here. Besides that, I'm guessing that Evans won't let him past that 'easy' next time the Welshman challenges for a win.

For sure Evans has put himself right up there among Neuviile, Tänak & Ogier, he seemed to adapt to his car very quickly and hopefully will be again on the pace in Sweden. I'll admit I never saw the spark in him while others did, but this weekend he's changed my mind and I think that with good nurture he can become the next world champion, if it happens this year or next depends on him & Ogier (& Makkinen) IMHO.

As for the rest, I think Lappi managed to do a really good job considering it's a new car also for him, and the problems the M-Sport team have encountered on Thursday night, and he's been rewarded with his best Monte finish (was very close to finishing 4th in 2018 if you may recall until he went off on the last stage demoting himself to 7th).

Rovanperä was truly impressive, finishing 5th on his World Rally Car debut, was a real baptism of fire for the 19 year old and I'm sure that by the time we'll be getting to the last third of the season he'll finish on the podium once, hopefully I'm not over-optimistic.
    Loeb, I really think it's time for him to retire, even before the incident with the tire this morning, there are other drivers outside the service park that should be in at least considered for that seat.

After this I really hope Sweden will go as planned, bring on the rest of 2020!
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

4. Likes: AnttiL (26th January 2020),EstWRC (26th January 2020),Rallyper (27th January 2020),RS (26th January 2020),T16 (26th January 2020)
    Liked 1,504 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Sordo
    +15sec in Spain Leg2 to Neuville
    +4sec Leg3 to Tanak

Germany +46 to Tanak without penalty
    Corsica +1.18 to Neuville

And complaining a lot about understeer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    For sure Evans has put himself right up there among Neuviile, Tänak & Ogier, he seemed to adapt to his car very quickly and hopefully will be again on the pace in Sweden. I'll admit I never saw the spark in him while others did, but this weekend he's changed my mind and I think that with good nurture he can become the next world champion, if it happens this year or next depends on him & Ogier (& Makkinen) IMHO.
    I think you are way too early. After Wales 2017 british jurnos were putting him into title fight for 2018 straight away. With C. Clark saying "he will fight for title no matter what car he drives next year"....

then at end of 2018 most people wondered whether Malcom will kick him for the last time after he had epically bad season while Ogier won the title in same car.
    In my eyes this was Evan's best drive up to date, I'd even rate it above Corsica last year since that was a pure dry rally.

Doesn't automatically make him WDC candidate though.

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I think you are way too early. After Wales 2017 british jurnos were putting him into title fight for 2018 straight away. With C. Clark saying "he will fight for title no matter what car he drives next year"....

then at end of 2018 most people wondered whether Malcolm will kick him for the last time after he had espically bad season while Ogier won the title in same car.
    In my eyes this was Evan's best drive up to date, I'd even rate it above Corsica last year since that was a pure dry rally.

Doesn't automatically make him WDC candidate though.
    True but that's why I said 'this year or maybe next year', and he just seemed really confident this event and seemed to be adjusted really well to the Yaris WRC, and if it's anything to judge by he looks like he's at the sharp end. Anyhow, we'll be more clever after Mexico and even cleverer after Portugal.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

8. Likes: mknight (26th January 2020)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Mail View Post
    I'm pretty sure you wrong.

Nearly all ran 3xSS6 + 1xS6 on SS13.
    I think believing you or a guy who has done rallying himself (Dimvii) I tend to believe a person with experience.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Evans has quite clearly upped his game.
    Amazing driving by the top three.
    Hoping they all have seasons as good as this rally and hoping the very lucky Estonian can quickly jump back in at the sharp end too.

11. Likes: cali (26th January 2020)
    Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Evans has quite clearly upped his game.
    Amazing driving by the top three.
    Hoping they all have seasons as good as this rally and hoping the very lucky Estonian can quickly jump back in at the sharp end too.
    Exactly, drivers are allowed to improve. Pre-2017 not many people would have backed Tanak to be WC material, but in 2017 he started to show that he had more than just speed in his locker, and after that he has been sensational.
    So let’s give Evans the chance to show us, he has a top car, great opportunity and he’s made a good start.

13. Likes: cali (26th January 2020),Eli (26th January 2020),er88 (26th January 2020),pantealex (27th January 2020),T16 (26th January 2020)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

15. Likes: Eli (26th January 2020),Essaj (26th January 2020),TWRC (27th January 2020)
    Liked 25 Times in 8 Posts
    I have a feeling that Evans was pulled back by Ogier/Mäkinen himself . Same story as in M-Sport...
    We all know how good Ogier is rolling over teammates with his titles. Last three+ years is only confirm that.