Page 6 of 88 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Rally 3 class

Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    To start rallying you need money, to do some National rallies in a cheap car not that mutch, but if you want to get somewhere after you showed potential in a cheap car, you need a R2, and money. To get sponsors you need a car that companies want theire stickers on, noone want that on a old Corsa or a 240 in the far back, maybe if they know you
    So, quite fast you need an R2, both R1 and R2, pluss this 4wd R2 class, should be possibly been built home with some mandatory parts and some free parts, ofcours with a FIA rollcage from some profesionell builder.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 195 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    What are you on about? You don’t have to start rallying in an up to date R class car. Mainly because you wouldn’t want to waste all that money on something you may well crash.

There is nothing about FIA homologated R-class cars that prevents people from starting their rallying competition off (avoiding the the word ‘career’ as that doesn’t really happen until a manufacturer pays you to drive i.e. professionally) in something older and cheaper. The real world isn’t a computer game where your ‘first rally’ is actually a World Rally round in the bottom class of WRC.
    What I am saying is that there should be a lower cost class, in which cars do not have to be "manufacturer made" as present R1 (which is too slow) or R2. Usually older cars are not in categories with much competition, so young drivers do not have the opportunity to improve and show what they can do, with very few exceptions that have rich daddies. The good old cheap N1 and N2, or cheap cups like 106, 206 and Yaris were the best school for young drivers. Both Sebs started in such cheap categories. This is what I mean.
    Perhaps a proposal would be to leave R1 free to all tuners and make this the truly cheap category. Maybe with some cheap alterations on its technical regulations for more speed (e.g. a wilder camshaft is the cheapest way to get power). The rest of Rs are enough for manufacturers. They can leave one R out of their control.

P.S. My rally car was built in 1998, it is wonderful to drive and I do not intend to change it. There is nothing wrong with old cars, except of what I mentioned just before.
    Last edited by scn; 20th March 2020 at 20:11.

Liked 3,774 Times in 1,677 Posts
    It is nice idea, but problem is with normal cars now. There is almost no car in serial production which should be easily used in rallysport...

4. Likes: pantealex (22nd March 2020)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Many countries have made cheap cup-cars up through history. In Norway we started with Opel Corsa A, and ended up with Impreza. Many have started their hobby and some their international carreer in cups.

Still there are several going on in europe, but as with most things, they have become more expensive as anything else.
    Maybe a Dacia Sandero cup could be an option? :-)

6. Likes: skarderud (20th March 2020)
    Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    Every nation needs a cheap cup as a starter for young talents, and some old farts.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    https://www.m-sport.co.uk/single-pos...-SUPPORT-ESHOP

Designers at Dovenby Hall are working on a new Ford Fiesta Rally1 scheduled for 2022, and in Krakow the team are engaged with the development of a new Ford Fiesta Rally3 designed to bridge the gap between two- and four-wheel-drive competition in 2021.
    So there we have the first news I have seen that work on the new Rally3 class have started.
    Any other news on other manu or tuners have started the engineering on a Rally3 car?

Liked 3,774 Times in 1,677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    So there we have the first news I have seen that work on the new Rally3 class have started.
    Any other news on other manu or tuners have started the engineering on a Rally3 car?
    There are three confirmed manufacturers working on rally3 car and one was thinking about it. This is info from the time when this new class was introduced to the regulations.

10. Likes: pantealex (10th August 2020)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    There are three confirmed manufacturers working on rally3 car and one was thinking about it. This is info from the time when this new class was introduced to the regulations.
    Who's the 4th? From what I've heard the 3 are those with Rally 4 (or 5) cars: Ford, Peugeot and Renault; apparently Renault may take a while as their main aim is to get the Clio Rally 4 car ready for 2021.
    Rally addict since 1982

13. Likes: Mirek (14th August 2020),pantealex (14th August 2020),Sulland (14th August 2020)
    Has anything leaked out on the 4wd system chosen for the Fiesta, or has Fia said anything on tech regs for that system?