Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 111

Thread: Rally 3 class

  1. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ń s k y l ń
    Posts
    3,163
    Like
    13,613
    Liked 1,672 Times in 818 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    [FONT=arial]If it is 1620 ccm for Rally3 as well, then it could happen, but what do we know of allowed 4wd systems in this class?[B][B]
    It doesn┤t matter which 4wd or other "transmission" system road car has ...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  2. #92
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,894
    Like
    3,608
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,294 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    [FONT=arial]If it is 1620 ccm for Rally3 as well, then it could happen
    With so many rule changes, it woudn't be a surprise having the new limit raised to 1620cc...

    Anyway, Rally3 is increasingly becoming a sort of light R5 rather than a Rally4+; somehow it makes sense as the originally planned up to 1333cc engines (using a 30mm restrictor) would probably limit the cars interest, especially on tarmac.
    Rally addict since 1982

  3. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (30th September 2020),tommeke_B (26th September 2020)
  4. #93

  5. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (29th September 2020),Jarek Z (2nd October 2020),pantealex (30th September 2020),Rally Power (1st October 2020)
  6. #94
    Senior Member Sulland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    5,099
    Like
    896
    Liked 720 Times in 369 Posts
    Would love to see a Rally3 project from Tommi Makinen Racing, based on the GR Yaris.

  7. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (2nd October 2020),pantealex (30th September 2020)
  8. #95
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    55
    Like
    6
    Liked 64 Times in 13 Posts
    Except of Latvalla, Neuville and Sainz, no other driver in WRC history would ever have the chance to become a WRC driver if there were not cheap cars when they were young. There would not be any Vatanen, Mikkola, Alen, Rohrl, Auriol, Kankkunen, McRae, Loeb, Ogier. None of these rally masters had the financial ability in their youth to drive cars of the cost of R2s and R3s of modern times. R2s and R3s are awfully expensive for 99% of the young drivers. This destructive regulation must stop immediately and there must be regulations that permit cheap rally cars to be made.

    I am 51 years old, I have my own business and I cannot buy an R3. I drive an old GrA with 190bhp on 880 kg that cost 25.000 euros and lots of personal hours to build, with a homologated roll cage from Custom Cages. It is immense stupidity or utter hypocrisy to ask a 25-year-old driver to find 100.000 euros for an R3.
    Last edited by scn; 2nd October 2020 at 07:28.

  9. Likes: Jarek Z (2nd October 2020),PLuto (7th October 2020),skarderud (8th October 2020),steve.mandzij (8th October 2020),tommeke_B (8th October 2020),TWRC (9th October 2020)
  10. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    85
    Like
    14
    Liked 67 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    Except of Latvalla, Neuville and Sainz, no other driver in WRC history would ever have the chance to become a WRC driver if there were not cheap cars when they were young. There would not be any Vatanen, Mikkola, Alen, Rohrl, Auriol, Kankkunen, McRae, Loeb, Ogier. None of these rally masters had the financial ability in their youth to drive cars of the cost of R2s and R3s of modern times. R2s and R3s are awfully expensive for 99% of the young drivers. This destructive regulation must stop immediately and there must be regulations that permit cheap rally cars to be made.

    I am 51 years old, I have my own business and I cannot buy an R3. I drive an old GrA with 190bhp on 880 kg that cost 25.000 euros and lots of personal hours to build, with a homologated roll cage from Custom Cages. It is immense stupidity or utter hypocrisy to ask a 25-year-old driver to find 100.000 euros for an R3.
    there's still some way, imo.
    Young drivers (<25) will start in rally5/4 in their national championship, whit cup like renault or peugeot or with fiesta ladder (all the way from rally4 to top). then there's junior wrc (or erc). at that time, if talented enough they have won some race/series in entry category and should find sponsor and a drive in r3 or above. no need to buy one themself...

  11. Likes: Jarek Z (2nd October 2020)
  12. #97
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    14,260
    Like
    2,770
    Liked 6,750 Times in 3,568 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Would love to see a Rally3 project from Tommi Makinen Racing, based on the GR Yaris.
    Indeed - we need more manufacturers to make Rally3 cars, otherwise it will just be a Fiesta 'One-make Championship' and this will never replace all the R5 cars.
    T16 is the only member on my Ignore list.

  13. Likes: Jarek Z (2nd October 2020),pantealex (3rd October 2020)
  14. #98
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,894
    Like
    3,608
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,294 Posts
    Good news: Toyota confirms the development of Rally2 and Rally3 cars: https://dirtfish.com/rally/toyota-se...y2-and-rally3/
    Rally addict since 1982

  15. Likes: AnttiL (16th October 2020),Arnold Triyudho Wardono (9th October 2020),Sulland (8th October 2020),the sniper (8th October 2020)
  16. #99
    Senior Member Sulland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    5,099
    Like
    896
    Liked 720 Times in 369 Posts
    I actually thought it to be the other way around.
    Gazoo new facility for Rally1 team, and R&D.
    Tommy Makinen Racing to make and sell the customer cars from old facility and parts of the Estonian one.

    But same same, the important thing is that they will come with Rally2 and 3 cars!

  17. Likes: Rally Power (9th October 2020)
  18. #100
    Senior Member Andre Oliveira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,501
    Like
    1,504
    Liked 3,757 Times in 1,628 Posts
    After the 3 days in Poland last week, now in Sardinia.

    Pic of Gianluca Sanna


  19. Likes: Mirek (16th October 2020),pantealex (16th October 2020),TWRC (16th October 2020)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •