Page 50 of 89 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Rally 3 class

Liked 139 Times in 82 Posts
    It was lacking in power a bit but with the new restricor and 240-260hp its clearly faster than gr N Lancers and Imprezas

2. Likes: AnttiL (29th December 2021)
    Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    6-8 cars to RalliSM Finland. Which is more than I was expecting. Both: "fast young" and "gentleman" type of drivers. Some are going down from R5 but most up from Rally4.
    Driving in national series, using a Rally3 is smart both with regard to budget, and sport, if many chooses to go for Rally3.
    In buying a new car you save aprox 60% going for rally3 vs rally2.
    Running budget for a season is also less than 50% of a Rally2 budget, also looking at rental prices.

That is why both youngsters and gentleman drivers are swapping to Rally3. It is still a top notch factory build rally car, that most national level drivers will have a lot of fun with!
    This is especially correct if your series mostly consist of gravel and snow, where 4wd is most impotant.
    Last edited by Sulland; 29th December 2021 at 15:32.

4. Likes: AnttiL (29th December 2021)
    Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Lets wait. Until now Rally3 was not faster than Rally4 (but still more expensive). We will see what will happen with bigger restrictor/more power (in terms of speed, but also in terms of running costs and reliability).

6. Likes: pantealex (29th December 2021),Sulland (29th December 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Lets wait. Until now Rally3 was not faster than Rally4
    Really? On tarmac maybe?

Lets wait. Until now Rally3 was not faster than Rally4 (but still more expensive). We will see what will happen with bigger restrictor/more power (in terms of speed, but also in terms of running costs and reliability).
    I don't know where do you live or which chapionship so you follow but as far as I have seen this season rally4 was only faster on some mega smooth tarmac stages, and even then there was no real comparison as the rally3 were driven by non top drivers.
    In Poland we had 2 mega fast guys in rally4's and they could not match the speed of rally3 on any tarmac rally.

9. Likes: AnttiL (29th December 2021)
    Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ictus View Post
    I don't know where do you live or which chapionship so you follow but as far as I have seen this season rally4 was only faster on some mega smooth tarmac stages, and even then there was no real comparison as the rally3 were driven by non top drivers.
    In Poland we had 2 mega fast guys in rally4's and they could not match the speed of rally3 on any tarmac rally.
    Ok, maybe I was too much critical. But difference between Rally3 and Rally4 was not so much. Rally3 has no chance to fight with R5 cars (only with gentleman drivers), so usually it was its own battle between few Rally3 cars and maybe group N and R4 cars. And if there was good driver in Rally4, also with them.

11. Likes: AnttiL (29th December 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Ok, maybe I was too much critical. But difference between Rally3 and Rally4 was not so much. Rally3 has no chance to fight with R5 cars (only with gentleman drivers), so usually it was its own battle between few Rally3 cars and maybe group N and R4 cars. And if there was good driver in Rally4, also with them.
    But that’s because it’s a new class. Give it some years, more cars turning up and it’s a great class

Liked 402 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ictus View Post
    It was lacking in power a bit but with the new restricor and 240-260hp its clearly faster than gr N Lancers and Imprezas
    Is it really that much? I thought it was only up to ~235hp?

Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Rally3 has no chance to fight with R5 cars (only with gentleman drivers), so usually it was its own battle between few Rally3 cars and maybe group N and R4 cars. And if there was good driver in Rally4, also with them.
    It has never been meant to fight with R5/Rally2. It is meant to fill the role GrN used to have, even if it is more expensive. But it will be faster than any old GrN or GrA car, mostly due to develpment of the suspension and corner driveability due to that.

And it is in its first real year, the only thing changed on the Fiesta is 1 mm restrictor increase.
    It will get faster year by year, as R5s has been.

But for drivers paying for most of the fun themselves, it is a good option.
    In some countries, with few Rally2 drivers, it might even become top class to concentrate on one class to get the best competition, for both drivers and fans.
    Last edited by Sulland; 30th December 2021 at 07:26.

15. Likes: AnttiL (30th December 2021),pantealex (30th December 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    Is it really that much? I thought it was only up to ~235hp?
    We had 2 fiestas on a rallyspirint 2 weeks ago with the new restrictors and one driver said the car was tuned on a rolling road and claimed 260hp.
    You have to remember that in ralling it's allways more than the manufacturer claims