Page 60 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Rally 3 class

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Where I'm coming from: Renault corporate have cancelled Renault Sport and target a 100% electric offering for consumer cars. No more Renault Sport cars. But, the side hustle's side hustle that was Renault Sport Customer Racing isn't worth abandoning. (If it wasn't commercially successful it'd be shut down immediately, no?) That department, now shifted out of the Renault brand to Alpine Customer Racing, see a Renault Rally3 could be a viable commercial success and so plod on developing a car build.

Hypothesise with me. Alpine couldn't care what the new guys from Renault Customer Racing are doing with Renaults, at least for now whilst these restructures take time. Renault brand clearly don't want to be associated with this dirty carbon stuff or motorsport, even if it's a little earner overall for the corporate. So maybe Renault corporate will put their foot down with a firm hand on an Alpine developed Renault Rally3? It's a possibility.

Google Renault Clio Rally4, we know they exist but there isn't an official landing page for them anywhere. Renaultsport.com redirects to Alpine F1 team. Some Customer Racing pressers continue to be released by a contractor PR company, but there's nothing on their own Rally3 or what they're up to structurally - obviously. Everything is in the shadows and brought to light through personal relationships in news articles and forum posts.
    remember where we are. a forum: just a place to share news and rumors, even if they're not an official press release. renault rally3 will never be? ok, we just wasted some words! : )
    let's hope the shadowy insider rumors are true!

2. Likes: WRCStan (2nd May 2022)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Renault is changing these days.
    https://events.renault.com/

Renault will be only electrical cars
    Alpine will be f1 and sportcars

Then it starts to become a little blury, what about the rest.

If I had anything to say, I would take everything that has to do with Rally and normal tin top racing, I would call those Gordini. Again a Renault brand that has been used in rally, both R8, 12 and 17, maybe more models.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordini

Go Gordini !

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    If I had anything to say, I would take everything that has to do with Rally and normal tin top racing, I would call those Gordini. Again a Renault brand that has been used in rally, both R8, 12 and 17, maybe more models.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordini

Go Gordini !
    Just for the purpose of motorsport? You'd still then have to build 2500. It's coming back to the conversation of how sustainable is manufacturer backed series production rallying/racing when series manufacturers are saying they don't want to be involved.

At least with what Nogier says about the Clio in that last link is they can easily tap into an existing homologation with Rally3 variants, perhaps without disturbing corporate. How many do they expect to build and sell in secret? It's not good for the sport; these Rally3s should be as numerous as group N.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Gyus have in mind that Renault have big problems with Lada in Russia right now.

Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Nobody has to believe me, but I talked to a engineer this weekend who works on the project for Alpine / Renault Sport. They had some delay with certain parts but testing should start shortly.

7. Likes: AnttiL (3rd May 2022),dimviii (3rd May 2022),Eli (6th May 2022),pantealex (3rd May 2022),Sulland (3rd May 2022),the sniper (3rd May 2022),WRCStan (3rd May 2022),wyler (4th May 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Gyus have in mind that Renault have big problems with Lada in Russia right now.
    Everyone with business in Russia have challenges these days.
    But Lada is not a major issue for Renault Group
    Here are the countries they are represented in; https://www.lada.ru/en/country
    But they are not doing bad home in Russia https://rusautonews.com/2022/01/19/t...ussia-in-2021/

The good thing is that Renault will start testing their new Rally3 soon!
    ClassCompetition is good!
    Last edited by Sulland; 3rd May 2022 at 13:39.

If Renault end up using the Rally4 engine also for the Rally3, what pro's and con's will that give?
    3 vs 4 cylinders
    1300 vs 1500 ccm
    31 mm restrictor vs 30, what difference will we see. Same as for Ford, aprox 20 hp increase?

Engine gurus in the forum, pls blow us away with your assessments?

10. Likes: WRCStan (4th May 2022)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Everyone with business in Russia have challenges these days.
    But Lada is not a major issue for Renault Group
    Here are the countries they are represented in; https://www.lada.ru/en/country
    But they are not doing bad home in Russia https://rusautonews.com/2022/01/19/t...ussia-in-2021/

The good thing is that Renault will start testing their new Rally3 soon!
    ClassCompetition is good!
    renault will sell lada,and will loose huge ammount of profit.

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    If Renault end up using the Rally4 engine also for the Rally3, what pro's and con's will that give?
    3 vs 4 cylinders
    1300 vs 1500 ccm
    31 mm restrictor vs 30, what difference will we see. Same as for Ford, aprox 20 hp increase?

Engine gurus in the forum, pls blow us away with your assessments?
    Like that they develop the Rally 5 and 4 engine further.
    Sound of 4 cyl better.
    Guessing aprox 240 hp, and 410 nm.
    Keep It Simple Stupid !

13. Likes: Sulland (10th May 2022)
    Do anyone know the current numbers of produced cars, and sold cars of the Fiesta?

Its been a good while since last update on eWRC, and a few cars that has been used, but no matched productionnumber in db.