Liked 122 Times in 65 Posts

[ERC] Rally Islas Canarias 2024

The 48 Rally Islas Canarias presents a first-class itinerary

https://www.rallyislascanarias.com/i...lass-itinerary

The second round of the FIA ​​European Rally Championship and second of the Spanish Super Championship includes a total of 13 special stages between May 2 and 4. One of the great novelties is in the start ceremony, which is moved to Wednesday, May 1 and changes its location without leaving Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.

The Rally Islas Canarias, in its 48th edition, today, Wednesday, March 6, revealed one of its best kept secrets: its itinerary. The event organized by Todo Sport will have a total of 13 special stages that will take place between Thursday, May 2 and Saturday, May 4.

After the recce, the teams will begin to warm up with the Qualifying Stage scheduled in 'Santa María de Guía'. It will be a 3.57 km route that they will previously tackle in free practice (12:15 p.m.) and later in a QS that will take place at 3:03 p.m. Next, the shakedown will take place on that same route, specifically between 4:15 p.m. and 6:15 p.m.

The first stage will start, like last year, with the 'Las Palmas de Gran Canaria' special, a 1.80 km route (8:35 p.m.) that will serve to raise the curtain on the night of May 2. The teams will once again immerse themselves in a Gran Canaria Arena that will host new features.

The next day, Friday, May 3, the itinerary will be made up of the special stage of 'Agüimes – Santa Lucía' (14.83 km at 10:38 a.m. and 3:48 p.m.), 'Tejeda' (11.07 km at 11:33 a.m. and 4:43 p.m.) and 'Artenara – Gáldar' (21.15 km at 12:25 p.m. and 5:35 p.m.).

The last and definitive leg, on Saturday, May 4, maintains details from recent years, such as being the longest of the two and, at the same time, hosting the longest stage of this edition. Thus, the teams will tackle the stages of 'Arucas – Firgas' (9.41 km at 9:17 a.m. and 2:07 p.m.), 'Moya – Valleseco' (27.7 km at 10:07 a.m. and 2:57 p.m.) and 'San Mateo – Valsequillo' (11.5 km at 11:35 a.m. and 5:05 p.m.).

In total, the teams competing in the 48 Rally Islas Canarias will have a total of 193.12 timed kilometers ahead of them out of a total of 617.68, the equivalent of 31.3%.

Start ceremony: return to origins
    One of the novelties of this edition is found in the departure ceremony. Not only does it go ahead one day, but it returns to a central location in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and with an undoubted link to the event.

On the night of Wednesday, May 1, José Mesa y López Avenue will once again host, after many decades, the competition caravan of the Rally Islas Canarias. Without a doubt, one more way to bring the motorshow closer to all fans.

Hyundai Canarias announced that Aleyex Lukyanuk (four-time winner) will do Rally Islas Canarias 2024

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Any more info on the WRC reports?

https://rallyjournal.com/what-news-t...e-destination/

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Next monday is going to be the press conference in Gran Canaria

Liked 585 Times in 308 Posts
    What's the spectator experience like out on the stages in general. Would like some good views without killing myself walking to get there. Can't see any advice on the website other than 'stay safe'.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 307 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    What's the spectator experience like out on the stages in general. Would like some good views without killing myself walking to get there. Can't see any advice on the website other than 'stay safe'.
    After incident and yellow card from 2021 they are a bit more strict, but in general you can easily reach your spot with the car, and even change place before second run as the stages are opened. Hard to say how it will be if WRC will really arrive to Gran Canaria.

I am pretty sure regardless what you like (technical or very fast section) you will find your spot. Depends on the route, doing more than one stage per loop is complicated. I did this rally 7 times and I love it. Views are awesome and after rally you can be on the beach in 45 minutes

The "Island Culture" is to stay overnight and have a fun, even if first stage starts at 10.
    Last edited by Tom K; 8th March 2024 at 20:19.

8. Likes: Backa (11th March 2024),Lead (9th March 2024),WRCStan (8th March 2024)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    After incident and yellow card from 2021 they are a bit more strict, but in general you can easily reach your spot with the car, and even change place before second run as the stages are opened. Hard to say how it will be if WRC will really arrive to Gran Canaria.

I am pretty sure regardless what you like (technical or very fast section) you will find your spot. Depends on the route, doing more than one stage per loop is complicated. I did this rally 7 times and I love it. Views are awesome and after rally you can be on the beach in 45 minutes

The "Island Culture" is to stay overnight and have a fun, even if first stage starts at 10.
    Hi.

Have you ever participate in Rally El Corte Ingles/ Islas Canarias?

There are rumours in Gran Canaria about a possible participation of Hyundai I20 Rally 1 as zero car this year.

Liked 307 Times in 148 Posts
    Participate not, but I was there for the rally.