Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Still no news from Ingram about doing any WRC2 events. It's possible he could come back to ERC too.
    #M-SPORTER

“I am really happy to start this adventure with MRF Tyres,” said Breen, who will compete under the Team MRF Tyres banner alongside co-driver and compatriot Paul Nagle. “We worked together last year placing emphasis on tyre development."

When was this ?
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    “I am really happy to start this adventure with MRF Tyres,” said Breen, who will compete under the Team MRF Tyres banner alongside co-driver and compatriot Paul Nagle. “We worked together last year placing emphasis on tyre development."

When was this ?
    I hadn’t heard about this either but apparently he did some testing for them when they were bidding for the WRC contract.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Still no news from Ingram about doing any WRC2 events. It's possible he could come back to ERC too.
    Well with Breen joining it probably makes ERC a more attractive option than it was.

I wonder whether MRF might be able to offer some help to other drivers willing to try their tyres too?

Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbonyl View Post
    Last year Hirvonen performed well in Cyprus with MRFs so personally I'm not worried about gravel, but tarmac is a qestion.
    I think Hirvonen drove some sections of the rally with Michelin tyres also...

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    These MRFs are the issue. If Breen is fast or slow some will say its only because of his tyres. Like when Tanak / Evans were on DMacks...
    Didn't work out bad for either of their careers in the long run. Allowed them to get wins that they likely wouldn't have been able to without the 'difference' and they weren't expected to do well on tarmac.

Good news to see Breen and Hyundai step up to ERC; I would say it's deserving of a proper comeback but the competition between Eurosport and WRC2/3 for who can do a worse job of promoting their competition is intense.
    aka Rodger Davies

7. Likes: AndyRAC (5th February 2020),leighton323 (5th February 2020),the sniper (5th February 2020)
    I doubt very much if MRF's will be better than the big boys on any surface. More than likely they'll act as a leveller and give the others a chance to match or beat Breen.

If Lukyanuk competes (on Pirellis or Michelin) and has a reliable car, he will still be my favourite to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    Its going to be interesting to see the 2 Irish guys in Hyundai's go up against each other! On the one hand Craig is the established star who has had a big hand in developing the revised i20 and although he may be on unproven rubber his experience should shine through. Also he has unfinished business in the ERC after the Pug let him down too many times. In the other corner is Callum Devine who is kind of Hyundai's chosen young up and coming driver although as we have seen from WRC2/3 how much HMSG are actually contributing to his programme is up for discussion.
    It's a bit strange really Hyundai giving Devine the chance in ERC and now throwing in Breen against him.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    It's a bit strange really Hyundai giving Devine the chance in ERC and now throwing in Breen against him.
    hyundai didn t throw Breen at erc,mrf did.

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    hyundai didn t throw Breen at erc,mrf did.
    This 'Hyundai Motorsport Customer Racing-supported i20 R5' confused me.