Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Rally GB should´ve been last in calendar. Rally Aus in september is much better option.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

2. Likes: AndyRAC (12th November 2019),Camelopard (12th November 2019),EstWRC (12th November 2019),T16 (12th November 2019),the sniper (12th November 2019)
    Liked 1,444 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Rally GB should've been last in calendar. Rally Australia in September is much better option.
    I agree but Australia organizers were very keen after 2015 to be the closing rally of the season so they did exactly that for 3 years.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 232 Times in 101 Posts
    Could make rally Australia a snow rally next time it's on the calendar

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Rally GB should´ve been last in calendar. Rally Aus in september is much better option.
    Long time no talk, but I have been reading over the years and of course attending rallies, so glad that the greek is no longer part of things

When the rally was last run in Sept, the commentators at Wedding Bells said it was hoped that the rally would move to Nov. I thought it was a terrible decision and said to them that bush fires could become an issue, unfortunately my worst fears have been realised.

We got to Buladelah, just south of Taree, all roads north were cut. So turned around and are heading home.

Feel gutted for Hayden, what does the poor bloke have to do? Anyway the rally is better off in NZ and I'll be there next year.

The news currently says there are 70 fires burning in NSW alone, 9 critical, with a third out of control and 5 people have been charged for lighting fires!
    Last edited by Camelopard; 12th November 2019 at 10:39.

6. Likes: Maui J. (13th November 2019),Rallyper (12th November 2019)
    Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    World Rally Championship teams will distribute unused food to the local Coffs Harbour community before returning to Europe following the cancellation of Rally Australia.

The event was cancelled on Tuesday due to bush fires spreading through New South Wales, having initially had its route dramatically shortened in a bit to to hold the event.

The rally organiser and WRC Promoter have put together a series of opportunities for the crews to give something back to some of the people who have been affected by the fires.

WRC Promoter managing director Oliver Ciesla told Autosport: "Our first thoughts are for all of the people who have had their lives touched and impacted by the events which have unfolded in the Coffs Harbour and wider New South Wales areas.

"It's a terrible situation which has been very, very difficult for people locally.

"Since they arrived in Australia, the crews have been very aware of this situation and the position the local people have been put in by the fires.

"They wanted to give something back to a community which has always welcomed them, the rally and the championship."

The crews will gather to meet local fans at a signing session in Coffs Harbour on Wednesday before heading to a Red Cross Evacuation Centre on the outskirts of the city where the team's unused food - bought in preparation for the next week - will be distributed.

Ciesla added: "So many people have lost so much in the last week, so many people have been evacuated from their homes and left with nothing.

"This is something we can do, a way of helping in a very small way."

Autosport understands the vast majority of the refunded entry fees have been donated to the Rural Fire Service.

The WRC's gala evening in Sydney, planned for Monday night, has also been cancelled.

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...australia-food
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

8. Likes: ggg377 (12th November 2019),Maui J. (13th November 2019),WRC1 (12th November 2019)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    World Rally Championship teams will distribute unused food to the local Coffs Harbour community before returning to Europe following the cancellation of Rally Australia.

The event was cancelled on Tuesday due to bush fires spreading through New South Wales, having initially had its route dramatically shortened in a bit to to hold the event.

The rally organiser and WRC Promoter have put together a series of opportunities for the crews to give something back to some of the people who have been affected by the fires.

WRC Promoter managing director Oliver Ciesla told Autosport: "Our first thoughts are for all of the people who have had their lives touched and impacted by the events which have unfolded in the Coffs Harbour and wider New South Wales areas.

"It's a terrible situation which has been very, very difficult for people locally.

"Since they arrived in Australia, the crews have been very aware of this situation and the position the local people have been put in by the fires.

"They wanted to give something back to a community which has always welcomed them, the rally and the championship."

The crews will gather to meet local fans at a signing session in Coffs Harbour on Wednesday before heading to a Red Cross Evacuation Centre on the outskirts of the city where the team's unused food - bought in preparation for the next week - will be distributed.

Ciesla added: "So many people have lost so much in the last week, so many people have been evacuated from their homes and left with nothing.

"This is something we can do, a way of helping in a very small way."

Autosport understands the vast majority of the refunded entry fees have been donated to the Rural Fire Service.

The WRC's gala evening in Sydney, planned for Monday night, has also been cancelled.

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...australia-food
    Now that’s how to do it. Chapeau.

10. Likes: dimviii (12th November 2019),WRC1 (12th November 2019)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Camelopard View Post
    Long time no talk, but I have been reading over the years and of course attending rallies, so glad that the greek is no longer part of things

When the rally was last run in Sept, the commentators at Wedding Bells said it was hoped that the rally would move to Nov. I thought it was a terrible decision and said to them that bush fires could become an issue, unfortunately my worst fears have been realised.

We got to Buladelah, just south of Taree, all roads north were cut. So turned around and are heading home.

Feel gutted for Hayden, what does the poor bloke have to do? Anyway the rally is better off in NZ and I'll be there next year.

The news currently says there are 70 fires burning in NSW alone, 9 critical, with a third out of control and 5 people have been charged for lighting fires!
    Yeah. Long time. In Porto Service Park 2017 I reccon. Glad to hear from you and that you are alright. I´ll DM you in a minute or so.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    Flights out of Coffs were cancelled today.

I couldn’t leave Sydney as flights to Coffs were cancelled.

Australian Rally Teams and Australian media drove out of Coffs in Convoy.

International WRC media left Coffs in the early afternoon as air quality decreased and they became sick.

Due to road closures they had to Micky Mouse on roads and highways, fires jumped across roads so both sides became dangerous.

Later finding out that some towns they drove through and past to drive south towards Sydney were destroyed by the fires! Also blocked and closed hence having to drive backwards and then around...

Weather overnight, which is now; is changing to cooler winds but the direction changes too which is not great because now the fires will move faster.

I never got to Coffs Harbour only seeing the sky from above. This was over the bush fires and across Sydney and NSW.

GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

13. Likes: Jewy46 (12th November 2019)
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    I don't remember WRC rally cancelled in the past. Is that the first one?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

15. Likes: Fredouye (12th November 2019)
    Liked 414 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    I don't remember WRC rally cancelled in the past. Is that the first one?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    It's the 9th cancelled event : https://www.rallye-sport.fr/les-annu...ation-en-1973/

17. Likes: AnttiL (12th November 2019),dimviii (12th November 2019),Eli (12th November 2019),jparker (12th November 2019),pantealex (13th November 2019),Rally Power (12th November 2019),the sniper (12th November 2019)