Page 43 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Well this seems a bit radical still. Looking at some of the weather forecasts and current thin layer of snow it looked like some of the Saturday stages could be run once at least. Cancelling all of them 1,5 week ahead is rather drastic. But I guess they don't want to end up with a Saturday that has no stages at all.

2. Likes: AnttiL (4th February 2020)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    So much better than cancelling the whole event. Under these circumstances I'm more than happy with 180km.

Just unleash JML!

4. Likes: pantealex (5th February 2020),steve.mandzij (4th February 2020)
    Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts
    My forecast shows -4/-9 the week after the rally... unfortunate..
    But maybe it will change, lets hope so!

Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Lol they are still running Karlstad. Would be "fun" with zero ice and snow.

7. Likes: COD (4th February 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    Lol they are still running Karlstad. Would be "fun" with zero ice and snow.
    It will be a mudbath. Maybe they calculated it's better to rebuild the area than cancel the biggest spectator attraction (and bring the rally to Karlstad, which is its financial partner)

9. Likes: steve.mandzij (4th February 2020),Tauri_J (4th February 2020)
    Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    And this all stages that not cancel yet. Changing weather and all could be worse. Statement now that they try to do an event and not cancel a rest of 180km stages.
    PS If it will be national event it will be canceled 100%

Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Anything is better than no rally. Hope it works out with the revised route.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Unlikely I know, but say the weather takes a turn for the better, could they again alter the itinerary to include the Swedish stages? Or even one pass of them?

It would be a bit of a kick in the teeth to have some originally planned iconic stages left out, when it turns out by rally weekend they could easily be run (at least once).

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Unlikely I know, but say the weather takes a turn for the better, could they again alter the itinerary to include the Swedish stages? Or even one pass of them?

It would be a bit of a kick in the teeth to have some originally planned iconic stages left out, when it turns out by rally weekend they could easily be run (at least once).
    I don't think so, cause now that it was announced they won't be run they will stop all work on them (watering). Without that weather would have to change a lot for them to run even after nobody cared about them until the start.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    "FIA inspection confirms rally goes ahead!"

https://rallysweden.com/green-light-for-rally-sweden/

"Article:

FIA inspection confirms rally goes ahead.

Next week’s Rally Sweden (13 – 16 February), the second round of the FIA World Rally Championship, will go ahead following a positive inspection of the event route by the FIA on Tuesday.

Following unseasonably warm weather in the Värmland region of Sweden and across the border in Norway, FIA sporting delegate Timo Rautiainen inspected the special stages to check the conditions for the WRC’s only pure winter round.

His report was discussed by Rally Sweden organisers, the FIA, WRC Promoter and manufacturer teams this evening (Tuesday) and a route proposal has been agreed.

The rally will include competitive action on all four days as originally scheduled, with a modified itinerary to be finalised by organisers. The new timetable will feature about 180km of spectacular speed tests and full championship points will be awarded.

The rally will open on Thursday night with the traditional start ceremony and head-to-head special stage at the fan-favourite Karlstad trotting track.

Friday will feature a morning pass over Norway’s Hof-Finnskog and Finnskogen stages and the Nyckelvattnet test across the border in Sweden. The day will be completed by the Torsby Sprint stage, which finishes at the entrance to the popular event service park.

Saturday will follow an identical route and two passes over the Likenas stage will complete the event on Sunday. The second run through Likenas will form the live TV Wolf Power Stage.

“It’s fantastic to be able to confirm Rally Sweden will go ahead,” said event CEO Glenn Olsson.

“Many people have worked extremely hard over the last few days so that we can reach this position, and I’m delighted that fans, TV viewers and competitors will be able to enjoy one of the WRC’s most spectacular and fastest fixtures.

“We will welcome fans into the forests as planned. Those who are unable to attend the event in person will be able to enjoy live global TV coverage on Saturday and Sunday, as well as the live streaming of all stages on WRC+ All Live.”
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"