Page 140 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1435
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Gardemaister was at podium at his first outing with cordoba wrc.[/QUOTE]

It was New Zeland, wasn't it? 1999 - what a wonderful season was that. Toni finished 3rd behind two much more experienced compatriots... Yes, that was impressive. If I remember well, the opinion this time was that Gardemeister is most promising. And than he was rather in the shadow of his peers...

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Kalle too shone this weekend, showing the speed he's known for and really sending out a warning to the rest of the crews. That said, I expect his first shunt to come soon.
    That's kind of the normal process, that the new guys first show speed but then start crashing a bit cause they don't have the experience and take some time to get more stable. Kalle kind of already did that last year with Skoda, but might happen again. The only driver that I remember not having such a crashy period after first succeses is Loeb.

I do want to give Lappi an honorable mention however, for having picked himself out of his recent slump. Last year he was either on the podium or off the pace but now it looks like he's regained some confidence. Solid performances so far in a car that seems like it's starting to lag behind the competition.
    I agree Lappi deserves praise for the two outings, decent speed (especially compared with Suninen) and no big moments. It's just a shame it's really hard to tell how much is the car limiting him or not. Here he said a few times he had perfect stages and still was around 5th place in SS. Does that mean the car can't go faster or Lappi can't go faster? The car led here last year, but Lappi also did well here both in Toyota (4th) and C3 (2nd).

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    In case you haven't seen it yet, some body language from press conf:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQ57uCiX...name=4096x4096

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    1039/5000
    "We are losing the lead in the constructors' championship (note: 73 points for Toyota against 63 for Hyundai), so I am not satisfied. In these types of situations, we have again shown a performance limit. Only the performances of Tanak and Neuville have managed to deal with the disadvantage. If we think that it is not possible to compete with Toyota here, it is better to stay at home. What will I say to my team? What will I say to my team "I'm not going to tell you. We already have homologations ready and tests to be done for Mexico. We can't always say that the next rally will be better. In which area should we progress? In that of the car "I said from the first day of taking office that we would not talk about technique. We will not talk about it today even if I am disappointed," said Andrea Adamo, a Hyundai boss who doesn’t was not happy.

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...PpyRssBViBqd_M

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    That's kind of the normal process, that the new guys first show speed but then start crashing a bit cause they don't have the experience and take some time to get more stable. Kalle kind of already did that last year with Skoda, but might happen again. The only driver that I remember not having such a crashy period after first succeses is Loeb.

I agree Lappi deserves praise for the two outings, decent speed (especially compared with Suninen) and no big moments. It's just a shame it's really hard to tell how much is the car limiting him or not. Here he said a few times he had perfect stages and still was around 5th place in SS. Does that mean the car can't go faster or Lappi can't go faster? The car led here last year, but Lappi also did well here both in Toyota (4th) and C3 (2nd).
    Kalle has always seemed well aware of his limits (let's conveniently forget Argentina 2018), so perhaps he won't find himself in the trees too often, but when I heard him say his times weren't good after being third on the stage in tricky asf conditions I kinda raised an eyebrow.

As for Lappi, surely Suninen's lack of pace is making him look good in the same car, and maybe if he had someone quicker than him in the team hed still be struggling with confidence, but he looks at ease in the fiesta. We'll know for sure after the engine upgrade whether it's lacking in pace or whether Lappi can't get the pace from the car. He's got the speed in him for sure.

Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    Rally swedens Glenn olhsson confirms today that next years stages going to be located further north next year.
    Probably area of Mora-Trysil-Elverum-Lima?

Godbye to colins crest then.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

7. Likes: cali (17th February 2020),Rally Power (17th February 2020)
    Liked 89 Times in 28 Posts
    Sprint Rally... but sprint is always faster than endurance

https://youtu.be/3gZgx0ECPXQ
    More videos --> www.devillersvideo.be

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Evans's winning average speed was 124.3 km/h, it's the fourth fastest WRC event ever. Also fastest rally which is not Rally Finland. The fastest Rally Sweden before was 2017, with 115.4 km/h.

10. Likes: cali (17th February 2020),dimviii (17th February 2020),MTA (15th May 2020),steve.mandzij (17th February 2020),the sniper (17th February 2020),tommeke_B (17th February 2020)
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    To be honest, it should have an asterisk next to it....with barely half the stages run it's hardly the same as a full event.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    To be honest, it should have an asterisk next to it....with barely half the stages run it's hardly the same as a full event.
    In a way it's true, since the super fast Hof-Finnskog now made up 25% of the rally route, whereas normally it would have been something like 13%. Then again, the slow Torsby Sprint made up now about 4% of the route whereas normally the three super specials would have made like 2%.

But still the fact is that these conditions were fast.