Page 116 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1435
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Has a Hyundai ever before led the RC2 category in a WRC event?
    The R5 class seems really competitive here, both in terms of drivers and cars. The Hyundai, Skoda, Citroen and VW all seem on a good level now.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Evans is cooking a Rally jamie oliver ,, exquisite,nobody put him in that position

Liked 12,160 Times in 5,214 Posts
    Järveoja is saying that tomorrow will be the biggest challenge

Of course depending on how much damage the overnight rain does
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: AnttiL (15th February 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    It has been always like this. Maybe to use handbrake instantly when needed
    No, it's to keep the right hand at the gearshifter. I think Tänak does the same, shifting the position on the wheel on longer bends in order to be able to shift quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    haha this stage looks exactly like wales
    If Wales Rally GB looked like this people would complain it looks weird because it's so dry and not muddy.

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Järveoja is saying that tomorrow will be the biggest challenge

Of course depending on how much damage the overnight rain does
    Looking bad really, heavy rain and lots of plus degrees, without going to minus in between. Still, I don't believe they would cancel it at this point.

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Still, I don't believe they would cancel it at this point.
    Me either. Not with it being the Powerstage. It'll be what it'll be. Wouldn't surprise me if they stop it before the JWRC come through though, if it's bad.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Likenas has always been a terrible stage for Hyundai. So unless it changes into safari-rally style they might end with just one car in top 5 in the stage.

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Hello to everyone. I am "new" on this forum. As my nickname suggests, I was deeply interested in WRC, that was the "old epoch", second half of 90s, early 2000s. Than I lost a bit sight of WRC (but not completely, I know who has won champ titles during the last several years). And now I try to back to old passion. I found this phantastic forum. Could you answer, from time to time, some questions from me? I try to realize, what's happening now in this business. And here comes my first question: is there any explanation, why in the previous season Hyundai was - as it was said in one post - usually slower than Toyota on the first run of stages, but faster during the repetition? What is the explanation for this regularity (if it was regularity)? Thanks!

11. Likes: Eli (15th February 2020),er88 (15th February 2020),logwrc (15th February 2020),Rallyper (16th February 2020),the sniper (15th February 2020)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Rally Fan View Post
    is there any explanation, why in the previous season Hyundai was - as it was said in one post - usually slower than Toyota on the first run of stages, but faster during the repetition? What is the explanation for this regularity (if it was regularity)? Thanks!
    Obviously we don't know and we don't have detailed telemetry or other info so we can just speculate.
    In general I'd say there are two main theories:
    - Yaris is "softer" and hugs the road better, so when surface is smooth it can stay low and hug the surface which together with better aero makes it faster, Hyundai is much more stable and suspension absorbs rough surface better so drivers can push harder in rough conditions without getting thrown around.
    - I20 seems harder to set-up and small changes seem to do a lot (until they changed damper supplier last year they also had like 50 dampers to choose from), so after first pass they can analyze the setup and tweak it better for second runs

How much any of these is correct is hard to tell, might be it's for some other reason completely. But it's a fact that Hyundais do better on second runs (especially on gravel) and on rougher stages compared with Toyota.