Page 49 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Liked 71 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Our group is doing ( =planning ) that (skipping 2nd stage of Friday/Saturday)
    Would it be possible to squeeze in more than 2 stages on Friday/Saturday now without having to walk for miles?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DocMS; 6th February 2020 at 21:04.

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocMS View Post
    Would it be possible to squeeze in more than 2 stages on Friday/Saturday now without having to walk for miles?

Should be, but not much is known about Nyckelvattnet. Considering trying to find someone who will ride a bike or moped through and film it since most of it is blocked I'm hearing. Need to check some entry roads because it might get full on P1 and 2. From what i remember the road by the finish is not very wide and why it's no parking there, you have to go slow when passing someone from what i can remember from using it as a shortcut to Svullrya. Parking by the start should be ok, you could also drive into the start of old Röjden just 200m across the lake.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

3. Likes: DocMS (6th February 2020)
    Liked 3,793 Times in 1,980 Posts
    Nyckelvattnet sounds and looks on the maps like a recipe for big spectator issues on the approaches, especially with the revised schedule, as you say pretty much the only area where you can get later is near the start.
    I'll probably just pass and go only for one stage (one of the other 2), especially on Saturday.

Liked 95 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor-y View Post
    I hope they plan to make plans to address this kind of problem next year.

My local January rally announced they're moving to February after a few years of lackluster snow.

It's the promoters and FIA that chose the dates, not the organisers. They have said NUMEROUS times in media and interview that if it were their choice, the rally would be in january or at the absolute latest a week earlier than this year.

(That wouldn't have helped this year though, as practically ALL of Scandinavia has had warmer weather this winter than in many many years...)
    Next year should be "normal" again with snow and ice.

Liked 71 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Should be, but not much is known about Nyckelvattnet. Considering trying to find someone who will ride a bike or moped through and film it since most of it is blocked I'm hearing. Need to check some entry roads because it might get full on P1 and 2. From what i remember the road by the finish is not very wide and why it's no parking there, you have to go slow when passing someone from what i can remember from using it as a shortcut to Svullrya. Parking by the start should be ok, you could also drive into the start of old Röjden just 200m across the lake.
    We are going to Hof-Finnskog first and would love to squeeze in Nycelvattnet aswel but looking at google maps doesn't look like any access roads. And by going to start so late we would never get to walk the stage to viewing point

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Entertainer View Post
    It's the promoters and FIA that chose the dates, not the organisers. They have said NUMEROUS times in media and interview that if it were their choice, the rally would be in january or at the absolute latest a week earlier than this year.

(That wouldn't have helped this year though, as practically ALL of Scandinavia has had warmer weather this winter than in many many years...)
    Next year should be "normal" again with snow and ice.
    It wouldn't have helped any year. There is absolutely nothing more safe with the weather/snow situation in January. February is the coldest month of the year and saying that they want the rally in January is just making excuses.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

8. Likes: the sniper (7th February 2020)
    Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    What about starting order, Saturday based on reverse order of Friday results?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCo View Post
    What about starting order, Saturday based on reverse order of Friday results?
    I think so.

Liked 234 Times in 102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    It wouldn't have helped any year. There is absolutely nothing more safe with the weather/snow situation in January. February is the coldest month of the year and saying that they want the rally in January is just making excuses.
    Yeah, January usually has a warmer period that often ends up melting all/most of the snow. Would be more of a risk than February.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Forecast looks much better now