As for Rovanpera jr. performance – probably everything was said, it is unbelievable. I shouldn’t be wrong in saying that no other driver in the modern history of WRC has ever received such an chance: to be nineteen and to drive for absolutely top manufacture team in the all rounds of championship. If you think about big or at least recognizable names from the last two, three decades, like, let’s say, Loeb, Martin, Solberg (Peter, ofk), Gardemeister, Burns, McRae (I mention only those, who had a relatively quick and early career’s kick-off) – none of them didn’t compete at such a high level at such a young age. And it seems, that he can be a fully versatile driver (contrary to his father, who, by the way, took a solid and impressive Sweden victory in 2001). Kalle Rovanpera’s way of motorsport career is, I would say, the most radical “pedagogical experiment” in the history of rallies, and, at least for this moment, it seems that “experiment” is successful. What “the sky” can be “the limit” for this guy? Hope all will go well with him.
But yes – even in this rally he was close to rolling his car…