Page 139 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1435
    Liked 12,161 Times in 5,215 Posts
    Reigning World Rally champion Ott Tänak has revealed to DirtFish that he wasn’t even sure he would be starting Rally Sweden.

Ahead of the event, Tänak had found it difficult just sitting in a rally car with the belts done up.
    He said: “I was a couple of times sitting in some local rally cars trying to tighten the belts and in the beginning it was not really possible but in the end was good.”

https://www.dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/t...ZKKVBS4wBdw4Lg
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

2. Likes: cali (16th February 2020),dimviii (16th February 2020)
    Liked 31 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Reigning World Rally champion Ott Tänak has revealed to DirtFish that he wasn’t even sure he would be starting Rally Sweden.
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Ahead of the event, Tänak had found it difficult just sitting in a rally car with the belts done up.
    He said: “I was a couple of times sitting in some local rally cars trying to tighten the belts and in the beginning it was not really possible but in the end was good.”
    bruised ribcage
    Last edited by tcrown; 16th February 2020 at 21:26.

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Interesting record, what might be the comment?

I have two ideas.

1. Apart from Rovanpera, all drivers, who won their first Special Stage “under 20”, belong to the generation, that was born circa 1990. I lost sight of this generation a bit, I had a “gap” in watching WRC. It seems that there is some tendency: drivers reach some level of their careers quicker, than it usually happened in the past (of course there are exceptions). Looking from this perspective, this spectacular activity of young Rovanpera can be seen as the next step of the process.

2. And, for sure, second conclusion: spectacular, early “kick-off” doesn’t guarantee the really great achievements in the next years. So, oki, maybe the fascination with Rovanpera Jr. and his speed should be combined with skeptical reserve.

Anyway, will be great to watch next round in March, probably the first “normal”.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Also notice that Mikkelsen, Wilson and Østberg won super specials. Kalle was 0.1 from doing that in Germany 2018, with an R5 car!

6. Likes: Eli (17th February 2020),pantealex (17th February 2020),Rallyper (17th February 2020),RS (17th February 2020),tommeke_B (17th February 2020)
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
    Does anyone have a video clips of a toyota zero car in action?

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Rally Fan View Post
    Interesting record, what might be the comment?

I have two ideas.

1. Apart from Rovanpera, all drivers, who won their first Special Stage “under 20”, belong to the generation, that was born circa 1990. I lost sight of this generation a bit, I had a “gap” in watching WRC. It seems that there is some tendency: drivers reach some level of their careers quicker, than it usually happened in the past (of course there are exceptions). Looking from this perspective, this spectacular activity of young Rovanpera can be seen as the next step of the process.

2. And, for sure, second conclusion: spectacular, early “kick-off” doesn’t guarantee the really great achievements in the next years. So, oki, maybe the fascination with Rovanpera Jr. and his speed should be combined with skeptical reserve.

Anyway, will be great to watch next round in March, probably the first “normal”.
    Gardemaister was at podium at his first outing with cordoba wrc.

9. Likes: pantealex (17th February 2020),steve.mandzij (16th February 2020)
    Liked 1,829 Times in 707 Posts
    Strange but exciting rally, i'm glad they didn't cancel it. Without going overboard I think the decision to dump JML and Meeke over Rovanpera and Evans was the right one. Evans kind of reminds of Tanak career trajectory. Also I notice that Rovanpera so far learns and adapts within the rally. This could be a very interesting season indeed!

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Thoroughly impressed with Elfyn, last time someone was this quick out of the box and with respect to their previous season they became world champion and, even then, it took them a few years to dominate the timesheets in such a fashion. Kalle too shone this weekend, showing the speed he's known for and really sending out a warning to the rest of the crews. That said, I expect his first shunt to come soon.

I do want to give Lappi an honorable mention however, for having picked himself out of his recent slump. Last year he was either on the podium or off the pace but now it looks like he's regained some confidence. Solid performances so far in a car that seems like it's starting to lag behind the competition.

As for Ogier, we'll never know if it would have paid off to stick with Citroen and trust their upgrades rather than jump ship to a new team where either he's getting no preferential treatment at all, where his age has begun to show, or where maybe he's just not fit for the machine.

12. Likes: cali (17th February 2020),Rally Power (16th February 2020)
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Also notice that Mikkelsen, Wilson and Østberg won super specials. Kalle was 0.1 from doing that in Germany 2018, with an R5 car!
    Thanks, I didn't realize. it is important.

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    No point in writing off Ogier.