Page 20 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    https://rallysweden.com/wp-content/u...020-0127-b.pdf

Official entry-list.

55 crews.

Historic entries are still open (23 crews now)
    While I am sure the WRC guys will be a bit more happy, the Historic class is suffering badly from having to run after the 2nd WRC run.
    And to be fair, so are we spectators, Rally Sweden have been awesome with the historics in between the WRC runs. Almost always cars on the stage, and really fun. Now it will be hours of waiting with nothing happening. Too bad.

2. Likes: pantealex (27th January 2020)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Adamo is Mr Ruthless. Why does he have to make up a story about why he prefers Breen ? Its his team and he can pick who he likes. If he says Breen will make the team stronger thats it. If Mikkelsen would he'd pick him.
    "I like Breen better", does not look like a good PR release. Takes 2 mins to find something positive about a given driver and a rally he has driven before. Besides it doesn't have to be Adamo making the explanation up at all, just some PR person.

---------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Finally, we can speculate on the satellite team. The rules specified that the same driver may not drive in the satellite and the main team during one season. But will there be a satellite team at all? Maybe testing Pirelli gravel tyres in the European gravel rallies?
    They could have just as well "kept" Breen for that and used Mikkelsen for main team points. One would think that main team points are more important than the (remote?) possibility of taking team points from others.

Anyway I agree that if the team is going to happen (which I doubt) it will be first from Portugal and onwards.

The whole situation of "keeping Mikkelsen" is rather special. They "keep" him and he drives around in I30 N and does Monte Recce in Hyundai BMW-1 recce car, but skip him even for the obvious pick. I said already mid-last year that he should just go pay for a season at MSport no matter how the car is. (he'd still have Suninen/Lappi to compare with). But Mikkelsen doesn't want that.
    Last edited by mknight; 27th January 2020 at 15:47.

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    While I am sure the WRC guys will be a bit more happy, the Historic class is suffering badly from having to run after the 2nd WRC run.
    And to be fair, so are we spectators, Rally Sweden have been awesome with the historics in between the WRC runs. Almost always cars on the stage, and really fun. Now it will be hours of waiting with nothing happening. Too bad.
    That's only on Friday, after 1st run on Saturday.
    https://rallysweden.com/wp-content/u...eng-2020.5.pdf
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 9,350 Times in 4,966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Jocius not nominated for manufacturers points?
    You think he'll finish and finish in the points ?

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    It’s a long shot but if one of the two main M-Sport guys retires and Jocius finishes then why not? After all there are only six scoring manufacturer cars this year, or am I missing something about how the manufacturers points system works?

7. Likes: AnttiL (27th January 2020),Aquagen (30th January 2020),pantealex (27th January 2020)
    If one of the other 2 Fiestas don't finish (for example due to technical issues or crash the makes them unable to do superrally (Suninen had one last year), then he will automatically score points, no matter what position he is on.

Therefore I don't really see any clear downside, but there might be some limits on "available parts" that will be affected.

EDIT: RS was faster.., there is something about those parts though. Remember how multiple teams retired their 3rd non-scoring cars previously (Hyundai in Portugal and Mexico last year, Citroen multiple times in 2017 and 2018), to enable use of more replacement parts.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    M-Sport probably don't care about manufacturer points this season anyway

10. Likes: Allez Andruet (27th January 2020),Aquagen (30th January 2020),pantealex (27th January 2020)
    Well they like to point out their "points scoring" series.

12. Likes: pantealex (27th January 2020)
    Liked 260 Times in 163 Posts
    Isn't there a rule that explicit says that team must nominate at least 2 and no more than 3 drivers who can score points at the rally.

If I remember corectly Sordo was kind a fourth driver and score best but was not nominated for points (or it was Paddon, don't know exactly).

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Yes. Max. number of drivers nominated is 3 per team, out of whom 2 best will count. So in RMC for example, Evans and Ogier scored points for TGR, Loeb scored 5. position points ( as Rovanperä didn`t count, being the third best Yaris).