Page 94 of 144 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Liked 12,207 Times in 5,241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    So far only Tänak has stopped toyota from scoring a full podium on every stage.

I think i will adjust my prognoses, toyota will win both championships.
    Who wins the drivers one?
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 103 Times in 45 Posts
    I think it's now safe to say that we don't have the big 3 anymore. Now we have the big four.
    A british champ would be great for the sport.

3. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (14th February 2020),[RMC]Pip (14th February 2020)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Not easy to say, that was 1.5km before my spot on the stage. Where I stood they came from snow&Ice over to frozen gravel. Didnt look like Tanak, or anyone else struggled there. Tanak went further in than anyone through the corner, but still very fast.
    HA! Your were in the same area as me. I was in the start of the ice just after the hairpin and flat-out section. So like 500 meters ahead of you.

Thought that they would stuggle with the grip change, but obviously they already had that experience with grip change from that place where Tanak nearly went off.

Where I was there was no phone signal, so no results and therefore some surprises when I got to see them. But compared to how they looked at that place it was surprisingly few differences. Perhaps the biggest surprise to me was that the only issues up to that point were Latvala's spin.

Evans was clearly pushing hard and looked fast, so did Lappi, Tanak also pushed but from my side looked much more ragged than others. Only WRC that had to flick it in and went wide on the exit.
    Rovanpera and Ogier looked fast but not pushing very hard.
    Suninen carefull and slow, same as Breen,
    Latvala was the worst (seems it was already after his spin), braking two times into the corner with a strange line.

From R5s Østberg was most spectracular as well as Veiby. Tideman really slow on the icy part with a lot of braking before.

When I arrived it was -10, at 12 o'clock when I was leaving it was still -2. Neither the ice nor the gravel in the braking or the turn had any real ruts or even anything beyond scratches after all cars passed.
    Last edited by mknight; 14th February 2020 at 13:06.

5. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (15th February 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Apparently Latvala has retired the rally

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    So far only Tänak has stopped toyota from scoring a full podium on every stage.

I think i will adjust my prognoses, toyota will win both championships.

There are still km`s to go in this rally and whole season...Toyota- issues have already kicked in on SS3.

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mise View Post
    I think it's now safe to say that we don't have the big 3 anymore. Now we have the big four.
    A british champ would be great for the sport.
    A big four sounds nice...Big 5+ even nicer, but...lets see in Mexico, where we are when two special-events are over and Evans has to open the road (more or less).

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Apparently Latvala has retired the rally
    Hopefully Tommi gives him a better deal in future to make up for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by bennizw View Post
    Jesus... Worst kind of hit. Is he okay?

Liked 9,355 Times in 4,970 Posts
    Jon Armstrong
    @JonArmstrong84

We are ok, just going to hospital for routine checks.
    #M-SPORTER

12. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (15th February 2020),Rally Power (14th February 2020),the sniper (14th February 2020)
    Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    HA! Your were in the same area as me. I was in the start of the ice just after the hairpin and flat-out section. So like 500 meters ahead of you.

Thought that they would stuggle with the grip change, but obviously they already had that experience with grip change from that place where Tanak nearly went off.

Where I was there was no phone signal, so no results and therefore some surprises when I got to see them. But compared to how they looked at that place it was surprisingly few differences. Perhaps the biggest surprise to me was that the only issues up to that point were Latvala's spin.

Evans was clearly pushing hard and looked fast, so did Lappi, Tanak also pushed but from my side looked much more ragged than others. Only WRC that had to flick it in and went wide on the exit.
    Rovanpera and Ogier looked fast but not pushing very hard.
    Suninen carefull and slow, same as Breen,
    Latvala was the worst (seems it was already after his spin), braking two times into the corner with a strange line.

From R5s Østberg was most spectracular as well as Veiby. Tideman really slow on the icy part with a lot of braking before.

When I arrived it was -10, at 12 o'clock when I was leaving it was still -2. Neither the ice nor the gravel in the braking or the turn had any real ruts or even anything beyond scratches after all cars passed.
    Ah, ye! We walked past that area. Considered going upwards, but decided it would be too much dust to get a nice view. Ended 3-4 corners ahead of Latvala's spin, only heard it, didnt see it. Did you spectate after the hairpin with the red house, or hairpin with them climbing upwards after?

We camped near the red house. My mate slept in the car (nice heat). I expected 2-3 degrees below zero, so I slept in my hammock outside. Luckily it worked out even with -10!

EDIT: No phone signal at my spot either. Luckily we brought an FM radio for the Swedish rally radio
    Last edited by Myrvold; 14th February 2020 at 13:24.