Page 136 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1435
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

pedagogical experiment

As for Rovanpera jr. performance – probably everything was said, it is unbelievable. I shouldn’t be wrong in saying that no other driver in the modern history of WRC has ever received such an chance: to be nineteen and to drive for absolutely top manufacture team in the all rounds of championship. If you think about big or at least recognizable names from the last two, three decades, like, let’s say, Loeb, Martin, Solberg (Peter, ofk), Gardemeister, Burns, McRae (I mention only those, who had a relatively quick and early career’s kick-off) – none of them didn’t compete at such a high level at such a young age. And it seems, that he can be a fully versatile driver (contrary to his father, who, by the way, took a solid and impressive Sweden victory in 2001). Kalle Rovanpera’s way of motorsport career is, I would say, the most radical “pedagogical experiment” in the history of rallies, and, at least for this moment, it seems that “experiment” is successful. What “the sky” can be “the limit” for this guy? Hope all will go well with him.
    But yes – even in this rally he was close to rolling his car…

2. Likes: Rally Power (16th February 2020)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Lets not forget that after finland 2017, lappi and suninen were the next big thing and were going to win many titles in the future.

Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Didn't Evans just prove your idea about "average 2nd guys" wrong? Last year he had close fights with 2-3 other "2nd" drivers on just about every other rally, sometimes winning, sometimes loosing.

Shouldn't the conclusion rather be that other manus need to step up their pace if they want to fight in the top? (looking at MSport first, Hyundai second)
    Geez, just wait. It's his only second win of career. I just say that I wish he will not lose it. Mikkelsen got three freaking wins and where he is now and all with old spec car quite old Polo. With Citroen and Hyundai he didn't get any of them and many thought he will challenge all the time. He just lost it.

I mean it's not too late but quite recently the teams don't give much more chances novadays and rather seeks new talents.

I mean that's good, but if Suninen will not show any large improvement he could be replaced. Like Evans and Tanak were before. And of them is World Champion and the other is on a good way to becoming one. Maybe that "hard school" helps drivers to realize that they need to give everything or are they will be lost.

I wonder where was Greensmith? Is it related to cost (maybe he thought that the event would be cancelled and rather stay at home).

Am, one more question about Huttunen (it's not related to Sweden at all - apologies for that). Why he is listed for last year's Finland for entering with Hyundai Slovenija. It seems that I can't find any specific information about that.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    At end of 2018 after a horrible season where only positive was 3rd in Spain (while Ogier won the championship in same car) most people thought Evans would get kicked forever for 2019. Last year he ended behind the guy what you just said "lost it" and also had much less podiums than Lappi. This year with different car and team he has won and got 3rd from 2 rounds.

Point was that I think most of your so called "2nd rate" drivers can actually fight in the top if they have a car and team that fits them and is up to speed. That doesn't seem to be the case for Msport this year for example

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Rovanpera had at least two close calls on the PS. Ogier clearly wasn't commited to risk it all. Doesn't mean Rovanpera wasn't impressive.
    How can you be so sure he wasn’t commited to risk? Untill split 2 he was close to Rovanpera time; maybe he ease after it or maybe he had a close call; PS onboard will tell.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Classy from M-Sport:

The whole team would like to say a massive congratulations to
    @ElfynEvans @scottmartinat and the @TGR_WRC team. Elf, this second victory has been coming for a while and it was a mega performance from you this weekend ! 🙌 #WRC

8. Likes: AndyRAC (16th February 2020),cali (16th February 2020),Eli (16th February 2020),gorganl2000 (17th February 2020),masa90 (16th February 2020),MTA (15th May 2020),Rally Power (16th February 2020),Rallyper (16th February 2020),RS (17th February 2020),skarderud (16th February 2020),steve.mandzij (16th February 2020),Sulland (16th February 2020),timlord22 (16th February 2020),WRC1 (16th February 2020)
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    [QUOTE=deephouse;1243033]

I wonder where was Greensmith? Is it related to cost (maybe he thought that the event would be cancelled and rather stay at home).

Greensmith? Gus? Not at home, was in Sweden, he gave a good performance. But as a member of Red Bull TV team.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Karlip
    ��
    Before podium celebrations there was an incident where some metal constructions collapsed due to strong winds and @TGR_WRC
    team member Terhi Heloaho was hit by some debris. Terhi was given medical assistance on-site and taken to hospital for further checkups.

Oliver Solberg
    @OliverSolberg01
    ·
    2h
    Not the end we wanted at @RallySweden
    with a slow rear-left puncture on the final stage
    ����*♂️
    not sure where we got it but that’s rallying!

Still it was a good weekend on our first event with @MotorsportSkoda
    - more learning, some fastest stage times and great fans!
    ����

Planetemarcus
    @planetemarcus
    ·
    2h
    #WRC 2020 was the fastest #RallySweden ever with 124.30km/h for the winner Evans ► http://bit.ly/39zM8oc