Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Once again. Dubious strategy by mercedes with hamilton. Leave him out to lose time then trll him the 1 stop isn't going to work. Pathetic
    you can't argue with results.

It is really shambolic to see how the merc strategy fails time and time again. Even with enough data on tire deg from bottas car. They couldn't adjust and bring in hamilton on the next lap to keep him close to bottas and vettel. Or leave him on a 1 stopper with mediums that looked to last. This is comical ineptitude of the highest order
    Last edited by truefan72; 13th October 2019 at 09:39.

Mercedes stratrgy is bonkers. There is no need to pit now. And if the team tells him to pit i would ignore it. Plus they are also screwing bottas here. Well done mercedes smh

Wtf are mercedes are doing?

Seems to me like they are trying to orchestrate the result. I absolutely would not have pitted. Hamilton would have cleared the lapped cars and bottas would have had to pass them and pass hamilton in the last few laps. This is ridiculous and shambolic on every level. There was no need to pit again. Seems to me they just want to give bottas the win. They would have finshed 1-2 if hamilton stayed out. I'm baffled

This was a stupid race. Tbh
    Ridiculous steward decisions and laughable mercedes strategy. They had a solid 1-2 and managed to botch it.
    Bottas could have passed hamilton at the end and mercs would still be 1-2. But they inexplicably botch this thing.
    The sky f1 commentary is equally as inept. Dont know what karun is going on about. Its all ridiculous

7. Likes: Tazio (13th October 2019)
    Liked 660 Times in 460 Posts
    Strange race all around. I didn't watch qually but was shocked to see that the Ferrari cars managed a 1-2.

Seb screws himself at the start and is lucky to remain where he did. V 2.0 got a great start and reaped the benefit of both Ferrari's getting off the line slow. I'm not at all shocked about no investigation for Seb, as it's happened before, he was stopped again, and within the box still.

Leclerc and Max.... I can't grasp why they first said no investigation, but once again the precedent set in Canada is a 5 second penalty, even though in that situation Lewis wisely backed out of it to avoid contact. I further don't understand why Leclerc ignored the team on pitting, but then again personally I think with that damage the FIA should have thrown the orange and black flag and ordered him in the next lap. Application of the 10 second penalty seemed rather harsh when they didn't throw the flag, but Charles screwed himself on that one either way.

I thought Norris and Albon was just.... Norris tried to close the door way too late and had to have seen Albon at that point.

As for strategy, I don't think Merc blew it, but I do think Ferrari blew it. Lewis was on the back foot from qually on, and narrowly avoided an incident with Sainz at the start. But he remained on the back foot in regards to pace and tire strategy, so the team did what they could IMO. Though Seb screwed up the start, he was fighting hard to keep Lewis behind and made it work.

In pursuit of the fast lap, Ferrari blew it by pitting Leclerc. They should have been smart enough to assume at least a 10 second penalty and worked that gap accordingly. As it turned out the penalty was even larger, and they didn't even get that fastest lap point anyway.

Some good on track action with all the strategy calls, and the midfield fights were interesting as well.

Apparently Renault are under investigation following a protest by Racing Point.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...MBo49lHMa.html

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Mercedes stratrgy is bonkers. There is no need to pit now. And if the team tells him to pit i would ignore it. Plus they are also screwing bottas here. Well done mercedes smh
    The Hamilton strategy was crap, a Mercedes one-two was possible. But even so, Hamilton was able to score that extra point to help Mercedes clinch their sixth consecutive constructors championship. It spells out to Ferrari how important it is to focus on what matters and maximize on every opportunities that becomes available to them on race day. Ferrari would now need to move their thoughts to next year. They have a mighty car, and Mercedes would need to produce a special car next year to be able to challenge Ferrari through a full season.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 13th October 2019 at 23:33.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare