Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Just read from Saward that Seb's refusal may have been payback for Chuck's lack of tow for Seb at Monza .

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Just read from Saward that Seb's refusal may have been payback for Chuck's lack of tow for Seb at Monza .
    Yeah I also read it, and beyond that tit for tat nugget is somethhing I hadn't considered:
    At the moment Leclerc is being paid a fraction of Vettel’s salary (it is rumoured to be $2.5 million compared to $45 million)

One must add to this mix the question of money. If Vettel moves on, Ferrari can pay Leclerc 10 times what he is currently earning and pay a second driver $5 million and still save $20 million a year.
    That still doesn't account for 2020, as Seb's contract runs through that season. The question is who would buy out Seb's contract? It looks like they are stuck together again next season, or Ferrari will have to eat a large portion of Vettel's contract. And, who are they going to get to be Chuck's number 2? That seems a lot less problematic!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Considering Multi 21 in Malaysia 2013 was payback for Brazil 2012 I would not be surprised if that was the case. Didn’t play out too well for him on this occasion though as Ferrari took when he pitted out of his hands.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 3rd October 2019 at 19:36.

Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    absolutely
    So, what's the argument?
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Considering Multi 21 in Malaysia 2014 was payback for Brazil 2012 I would not be surprised if that was the case. Didn’t play out too well for him on this occasion though as Ferrari took when he pitted out of his hands.
    It does raise a number of questions though, did Vettel's MGUK die of natural causes or was it killed? Did Vettel do it out of anger or did someone at the team do it out of annoyance? Some conspiracy theory to get us going.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 3rd October 2019 at 18:26.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Yeah I also read it, and beyond that tit for tat nugget is somethhing I hadn't considered:
    That still doesn't account for 2020, as Seb's contract runs through that season. The question is who would buy out Seb's contract? It looks like they are stuck together again next season, or Ferrari will have to eat a large portion of Vettel's contract. And, who are they going to get to be Chuck's number 2? That seems a lot less problematic!
    The 2021 market is going to be seismic. Hamilton would be out of contract as well as Vettel, Ricciado, Leclerc and possibly Verstapenn. Not to mention the other drivers with lesser gravitas. There is likely to be some major shuffles. We speculate that Vettel may be moving which may energize the market like a bowling ball to bowling pins.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    So, what's the argument?
    No arguments, just friendly banter my friend.
    William Shakespeare

8. Likes: N. Jones (3rd October 2019)

Jacques states the obvious!

Perhaps he is going out on a short limb, but the writing sure seems to be on the wall.
    Hey Baggie, I'm starting to warm up to Jacques, which isn't quite as perplexing to me is my sudden affection for Seb!
    Of course I'm huge on Chuck, but Seb is suddenly thrust into the underdog role, and I suddenly find myself pulling for "the finger".....Well no, not really that much!
    It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out!

“Everyone wants Leclerc, Leclerc, Leclerc. The media, the fans … And there’s nothing you can do about it,” says Villeneuve. “It doesn’t matter how well you drive. You’re on the wrong side of energy. And if that’s the case then you suffer for a while. That’s a law in this sport.”
    https://thejudge13.com/2019/10/04/vi...nce-next-year/

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Well one thing for sure.

Regardless of who thinks what about the Ferrari approach at Sochi, it's got people talking. Ferrari took a risk and though the initial plan seemed to work, almost everyone seems to be mad at someone about how it was done. I suspect that even if Vettel didn't have car problems, people would be unhappy. And I'm starting to think that even if Lewis didn't get the safety car pit stop and Ferrari finished 1-2 people would still be unhappy.

If nothing else, Ferrari have once again managed to stir a lot of strong opinions in the F1 community!

And of course their is this:
    After the Russian Grand Prix, where there was a tense radio communication between Sebastian Vettel, Charles Leclerc and the Ferrari pit, some doubts about the relationship between the two drivers came to light again. On this subject, the daily La Gazzetta dello Sport stated that the Monegasque and the German do not even tolerate each other.
    https://thejudge13.com/2019/10/04/in...-relationship/
    Their is plenty of time for this thing to get really ugly before the end of the season. I'm actually hoping for some fireworks! Let's get crazy!