Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Been listening to Brundle for years and the man has no guile whatsoever. Bloody hell it took him 6 months to call out Nico for what was instantly and clearly obvious he did in Monaco 2014 qualifying. I can only appreciate the work of someone when they are doing an honest job and not worrying about their paddock passes or little boys club membership for the next race. They all have it too cushy. Lazenby is a Johnny come lately supporter, only knows what he read on wikipedia about the sport. In Hungary this year he stayed Schumacher did four stops to win Hungary 98. He probBly read about Magny Cours 2004 at the same time as it and got mixed up. DiResta wants to return driving to the sport too much so avoids stepping on peoples toes. Don’t get me started on Herbert and Crofty.
    I get your point and that aspect of the show frustrates me sometimes. I think they try to be too nice sometimes at the expense of frank journalism. But they also need access to teams to be able to have information to give us at race weekends. They try to have a balance between pissing off the teams and being frank about issues. And that is delicate and not easy. Was it 2017 that Arrivabene closed all access to sky all throughout that season because of something they said. So, there is a subtle currency between the teams and the media. Play nice to gain access.

I am sure there are many other things we can list.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...l-win/4547350/

A pretty decent video with Jake Boxall-Legge (of Autosport) explaining the in-season evolution of the FS90. It boggles the mind how much money Ferrari must have poured into getting on terms with Mercedes! And what tricks do Mercedes have in their pocket? I think this is going to be a little ambiguous as Mercedes can win, and probably will win both titles without necessarily jettisoning their sandbags (if they're actually carrying them) as they work on the 2020 challenger, and limp their way to both titles this season. This is JMHO of course!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...l-win/4547350/

A pretty decent video with Jake Boxall-Legge (of Autosport) explaining the in-season evolution of the FS90. It boggles the mind how much money Ferrari must have poured into getting on terms with Mercedes! And what tricks do Mercedes have in their pocket? I think this is going to be a little ambiguous as Mercedes can win, and probably will win both titles without necessarily jettisoning their sandbags (if they're actually carrying them) as they work on the 2020 challenger, and limp their way to both titles this season. This is JMHO of course!
    Mercedes usually have at least one double DNF each season. They have not had one yet this season, so anything is possible.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 25th September 2019 at 10:05.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    I hope you are right, because I would love to see a fight to the end!
    May the forza be with you