Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
My guess is that Mercedes have already shifted focus towards 2021. They may very well sacrifice 2020 for a return to dominance in 2021. Mercedes still have the best package but Ferrari have made a massive step. Singapore, apart from last year, has never been spectacular for Mercedes. I still fancy them to win another 3-4 races this year. They only lost today because of strategy not due to lack of pace.
The 2021 regs has not been agreed yet. I don't think there is enough info to get any serious work started. I would buy the idea that they have moved their focus to the 2020 engine to try to catchup to Ferrari.

Based on the last six races, l don't think Mercedes have the best package anymore. Ferrari have caught up on the aero front, and Redbull are closing up on the power front. They are now on level terms with both Ferrari and Redbull depending on track of course. But Singapore clearly shows that Ferrari has taken a step ahead of Mercedes and Redbull, both of which have left Singapore scratching their heads with disbelief of the pace shown by the prancing horse today.

The edge that Mercedes had over Ferrari is no longer there. Ferrari have reduced the losses at the corners such that they can now deploy their power to great effect on the straight following the corners.