Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    I wish the sky team would stop praising vettel. He literally did nothing at all to get p1 and maintaining it isn't something to regale. Its alnost like they are praising him for not crashing. Lol

2. Likes: Duncan (22nd September 2019),iswearitsME (22nd September 2019),N. Jones (22nd September 2019),Tazio (23rd September 2019)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    What weird strategies by Mercedes and Ferrari. The dumb Mercedes strategist is back; the Mercedes strategist is a jackyl and Hyde character, isn't he. I think they are overdue a change in that department.

Leclerc is rightly hard done by the Ferrari strategy. Talk about having your race win taken away from you. But l understand why Ferrari did what they did. They knew Mercedes was planning something based on Leclerc and they shuffled things by doing something out of Mercedes focus. It was the old fashioned double shuffle. It was brilliant but at the expense of Leclerc.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 22nd September 2019 at 16:45.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Wolff on sky talking gibberish. They just effed up in myvopinion. Poor strategy wrong tire. Blown opprtunity. Shaite weekend. There is a smack of arrogance from the mercedes side. Always trying to show everyone on the grid how clever they are and simply making strategy blunders left and right. Once again if the correct strategy is obvious to me, how is it not for them? They even left hamilton out several laps after leclerc losing 2 seconds a lap while they just sat there with bewildered looks on their face. To the point that they hadvto enact team orders to keep hamilton ahead which i absolutely did not agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Wolff on sky talking gibberish. They just effed up in myvopinion. Poor strategy wrong tire. Blown opprtunity. Shaite weekend. There is a smack of arrogance from the mercedes side. Always trying to show everyone on the grid how clever they are and simply making strategy blunders left and right. Once again if the correct strategy is obvious to me, how is it not for them? They even left hamilton out several laps after leclerc losing 2 seconds a lap while they just sat there with bewildered looks on their face. To the point that they hadvto enact team orders to keep hamilton ahead which i absolutely did not agree with that
    It is clear, Mercedes is slipping backwards now. Hamilton with fresher tyres could not pass Verstapenn in the Redbull. Which means that Redbull are well within 2 seconds of Mercedes outright pace. If Ferrari can be faster than everyone here in Singapore, they would be just as quick at all the other six races. They would be mighty at Suzuka, Russia, the US GP, Brasil and Abu Dhabi at least.

This development makes the 2020 season very interesting as it potentially might be the first season that Ferrari clearly surge ahead and win their first championship since 2007.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 22nd September 2019 at 16:37.
    William Shakespeare

6. Likes: iswearitsME (22nd September 2019),N. Jones (22nd September 2019)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    I would love to understand the ferrar stratrgy as well. Leclerc has been clearly been done a disservice by his team. I don't get it

Well, after falling away a bit, Seb needed a strong result to still be relevent and not fall into oblivion.
    With Charles on a roll they might have also wanted to clip his wings a bit stop him getting too carried away?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    In the end, Ferrari end up taking a 1-2 at a track where everyone expected a podium to be a good result probably. And they managed to use strategy to overcome the qually that had them split by the Mercedes of Hamilton.

As for all the strategy complaints, I really don't see either team as having screwed it up. Ferrari and RB blinked first, and at that point the positions were lost for Mercedes. They played the only card that was left, which was to run longer and hope the race came back to them. Ferrari changed their finishing order, but converted a 1-3 race to a 1-2 race. Since they had no reason to take points from Leclerc they were probably just rolling the dice as well, but it worked for team points. I'm actually surprised they didn't try to reverse the finishing order towards the end, but I think we all know Seb would have just ignored the order anyway. But since Leclerc is closer to Bottas in points it might have helped in the hopes that the Merc drivers don't finish 1-2 in the WDC standings. If not for the safety cars being later in the race the pit strategy might well have favored Mercedes. It's easy for us to complain when we have hindsight, but the teams aren't in that position. This time I think both teams made the right decisions as the hand played out.

The DOTD standings being the finishing order was comical IMO. Though none of them really put a tire wrong the entire weekend, I though Norris and Gasly were both more deserving considering the hardware they are driving. Same for Giovinazzi. Ricciardo and Hulk both raced hard but it didn't pan out that great. KMag was doing great and looking to stay in the points until the safety cars had him getting punked left and right on the restarts. Albon had a clean race as well, and considering the Mercs were the only cars between him and Max, that's a good weekend for someone in a new car.

Seb ran a really good race once the strategy went his direction. He got through the traffic better than Leclerc, but the safety cars robbed him of that time later. But he kept his head down and drove hard at the restarts as well.

I think with a few more laps Lewis would have had a real shot at Max. And with fewer safety car laps, possibly a shot at the upper two podium spots. But luck today put the strategy calls into the Ferrari camp, so we will never know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Well, after falling away a bit, Seb needed a strong result to still be relevent and not fall into oblivion.
    With Charles on a roll they might have also wanted to clip his wings a bit stop him getting too carried away?
    I don't think Ferrari planned to take the win away from Leclerc. Like everyone, they did not appreciate how powerful the undercut was. I think they were trying to undercut Hamilton but ended up undercutting both Hamilton and Leclerc. It was unfortunate for Leclerc but that is racing.
    William Shakespeare

This is how the drivers championship stacks up with 6 races to go.

Maximum points available - 150 points

Current Point scores:-

LH - 296
    VB - 231
    MV - 200
    CL - 200

Lewis Hamilton needs 86 (92) points if Bottas wins all 6 races remaining to win the championship by one point.
    Lewis Hamilton needs 55 (61)points if Verstapenn wins all 6 races remaining to win the championship by one point.
    Lewis Hamilton needs 55 (61) points if Leclerc wins all 6 races remaining to win the championship by one point.

When Hamilton scores more than 86 (92) points in the next few races, the 2019 driver championship would be over. Not including 6 fastest lap points also available.

The fastest improver is Leclerc and most likely to finish 2nd in the championship. But it ain't over till the fat lady sings.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 25th September 2019 at 09:05.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 1,066 Times in 598 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    It is clear, Mercedes is slipping backwards now. Hamilton with fresher tyres could not pass Verstapenn in the Redbull. Which means that Redbull are well within 2 seconds of Mercedes outright pace. If Ferrari can be faster than everyone here in Singapore, they would be just as quick at all the other six races. They would be mighty at Suzuka, Russia, the US GP, Brasil and Abu Dhabi at least.

This development makes the 2020 season very interesting as it potentially might be the first season that Ferrari clearly surge ahead and win their first championship since 2007.
    This is my belief also - that Mercedes dominance is coming to an end. I think Ferrari did make a good call as Nitrodaze mentioned. It sucks for LeClerc but for Ferrari they get a win and a 1-2. I don't think anything is going to dislodge Merc from winning both titles but I do think this is going to setup Ferrari for a title win next season.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

12. Likes: Tazio (23rd September 2019),truefan72 (25th September 2019)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    This is my belief also - that Mercedes dominance is coming to an end. I think Ferrari did make a good call as Nitrodaze mentioned. It sucks for LeClerc but for Ferrari they get a win and a 1-2. I don't think anything is going to dislodge Merc from winning both titles but I do think this is going to setup Ferrari for a title win next season.
    My guess is that Mercedes have already shifted focus towards 2021. They may very well sacrifice 2020 for a return to dominance in 2021. Mercedes still have the best package but Ferrari have made a massive step. Singapore, apart from last year, has never been spectacular for Mercedes. I still fancy them to win another 3-4 races this year. They only lost today because of strategy not due to lack of pace.

14. Likes: N. Jones (23rd September 2019)