Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts

2019 Italian GP - Monza

Monza is a horsepower track. The track is made of four main straights which lends themselves very well to the powerful engine in the Ferrari. Ferrari come into this weekend from a triumphant win in Spa after a year long draught without a win. The win did not come without some threat from a conservative Mercedes running with a turn down engine after two Mercedes powerplant failures in the Racing point and Williams.

Chances are Monza shall be a repeat of Spa Francorchamps, as there seem to be no real challenger on the horsepower front. The question really is; which Ferrari car is going to win this race? Leclerc showed that he has the pace to blow the rest of the grid away, can he repeat that feat at Monza. I have a feeling that Vettel would be very keen to address being beaten at Spa. Can Mercedes challenge the Ferrari with some clever strategy? This is a race not to miss.

The Tifosi would be full of zeal this weekend and well expectant of another Ferrari win. Monza is a venue that manifest such emotional and fullbodied enthusiasm for motorsport like very few places on the F1 calendar. It is likely to be a scene of a spectacular crowd prominently dotted with the red of Ferrari.

And my favorite grid girl shot from the 2017 Monza GP

Last edited by Nitrodaze; 4th September 2019 at 01:52.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Absolute shambles Q3 in F1. Every one of those teams and drivers should be disqualified from the race tomorrow. Utter fucking stupidity. I’m a paying member of the public to witness that shambolic bullshit. Disqualify everyone of the top ten.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Absolute shambles Q3 in F1. Every one of those teams and drivers should be disqualified from the race tomorrow. Utter fucking stupidity. I’m a paying member of the public to witness that shambolic bullshit. Disqualify everyone of the top ten.
    Well. That was ridiculous. I blame the strategists. If i was mercedes. i would have gone out early since they are furthest back from the grid and then sat back and watched. But yeah. This was a shambolic Q3.

BTW that Peroni F3 crash was really scary. I've rarely seen a racing car go that airborne. Thankfully he completely walked away from it.
    Also, as a result, The FIA have removed all curbs on parabolica etc.
    the right decision
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Calm down , dude .
    You were there to witness history .

It was a stupid moment , but one that will be remembered for a long time .
    It's somewhere close to what was a likely result in qually anyway , so shouldn't have much effect on the race .

This should be a good one , with the top players all close , and slipstreams less affected by DRS , with teams running rear wings that are being described as "not wings at all" .

Be happy , TBK .
    You'll be there to see it .
    I'm desperately envious .

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    And Kimi gets the pole.

Liked 660 Times in 460 Posts
    Well really there isn't much they can do. Nobody is required to do a lap, and for the most part anyone other than the first couple cars couldn't get on with it and try to turn a lap.

Merc and Renault mastered the tow, but Ferrari seemed to have had a hard time. Hard to say if Merc can take the fight to Leclerc with race pace or not.

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    BTW that Peroni F3 crash was really scary. I've rarely seen a racing car go that airborne. Thankfully he completely walked away from it.
    Also, as a result, The FIA have removed all curbs on parabolica etc.
    the right decision
    That thing looked like a piece of freakin' tin foil fluttering around in the breeze!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    It was really crap from a spectator's perspective but not necessarily against the rules. I hope they don't head off and change the rules. If they do, then they could say 4 minutes to the end of Q3 is the latest time that a car can go out on track, any later that do not make it to the start line on time may be penalized or something. Or the race director may exercise the right to add an extra lap if it looked likely that 80% of the grid would not make it to the start line for whatever reasons. Any of these options would be unnecessary as this sort of thing rarely happen.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    It was really crap from a spectator's perspective but not necessarily against the rules. I hope they don't head off and change the rules. If they do, then they could say 4 minutes to the end of Q3 is the latest time that a car can go out on track, any later that do not make it to the start line on time may be penalized or something. Or the race director may exercise the right to add an extra lap if it looked likely that 80% of the grid would not make it to the start line for whatever reasons. Any of these options would be unnecessary as this sort of thing rarely happen.
    Exactly. You don't change the rules because of the stupidity of the team strategists. I don't even blame the drivers in this case. The teams should have sent them out much sooner than that to avoid this nonsense. Utterly foolish by them. As soon as it went green some teams should have simply gone out. Even if they all made it in time to start a lap it still would have been chaos trying to get a good lap in.